shape
carat
color
clarity

paraiba tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
a 2ct + paraiba tourmaline from brazil with pretty good color & clairity-any input welcome-pardon the picture-quality wil do for now....

forms sleeper 136.jpg

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
very nice looking stone to me. I bet it''s gorgeous in person. I love pariaba''s.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone, but from your pic, it's difficult to tell how "neon" it is, and that's important when judging paraibas. When searching for fine paraibas, I always ask myself the following:

Does it look like an aqua, blue zircon, blue topaz, or some other blue stone? If yes, then I skip on it. Although some neon apatite does look a quite like paraiba, it doesn't have the sparkle factor (apatites are a bit more glassy in appearance). The finest paraibas in the world are in a class by themselves and have a glow about them. Unfortunately, many sellers will sell paraiba that looks like aqua, blue zircon, or blue topaz, and I don't think you should pay a high premium for a stone that looks like another less expensive alternative. JMO.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
the pop & sizzle r not very present in the pic-almost looks like appatite-in person the pop & sizzle r apparent-u r seeing from the camera to the pc to ur eyeballs-as they sa-lost in translation...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results