shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba setting ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far, there are two:

1. A pendant with the babies and diamond melee cascading asymmetrically from my emerald (design courtesy of the talent behind my tsav ring); and
2. A ring consisting of two micropave eternities sandwiching the babies (my own possibly harebrained idea).

What do you think?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m for rings because you can can stare at them all day long. The pendant may be safer since it will be out of your everyday RHR activity, but tourmalines are fairly strong... Anyway, both ideas sound great!

My vote is for the ring!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the sound of the ring. I can''t really picture the necklace...

You could do earrings...but that would take some finagling....

I know! I know!! Do make the ring or necklace with these stones, and then find some more baby paraiba suites and make some earrings and either the ring or the necklace (whichever one you didn''t make with the first one)!!!It''s a FABULOUS idea!!!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies! Rings are, to me at least, the most gratifying piece of jewellery. Freke dear, those suites don't exactly grow on trees.
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 1:00:47 AM
Author: Harriet
Thanks! Rings are, to me at least, the most gratifying pieces of jewellery.
I totally totally agree. Totally and completely. Absolutely even.

I love rings. They make me happy.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another idea:

3. Bezel the babies (as thinly as possible), throw in some diamond melee and make a band.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooo....Where would the melee go?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of two eternities sandwiching the babies. You could combine the second ring idea and have a tiny bezel around each to hold them securely.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I played with some diamond melee today to see how idea #1 would look. Fabulous.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds beautiful Harriet!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon disagrees with us!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''m a ring girl myself too. I think it''s much less fun if only other people get to see your baby paraibas. Since Leon seems to be opposed to your idea, what does he suggest?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote a ring too! What kind of magic does Leon have in mind? I really like how he can be honest and put his own creative juices into it!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
We came up with the idea of clustering the Paraibas and mounting them on a hammered yellow gold band. Unfortunately, my dealer doesn''t have enough babies.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow gold, hammered? Oh that sounds lovely. I hope you can get some more stones!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results