shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba in platinum or RG? Engraving or not? (Poll)

Platinum or RG? Engrave or not?

• Platinum, polished

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Platinum, engraved

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 20K RG, polished

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 20K RG, engraved

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Haven't heard from you in a little while Acinom! Okay maybe it's only been a few days. :lol: How is your decision making going? Have you thought anymore about how you'd liked to set the paraiba? Or will you concentrate on setting the sapphires first?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1429094003|3862120 said:
Haven't heard from you in a little while Acinom! Okay maybe it's only been a few days. :lol: How is your decision making going? Have you thought anymore about how you'd liked to set the paraiba? Or will you concentrate on setting the sapphires first?

:lol: The funny thing was that I was thinking the same this morning Ricezo :lol:
I have chosen the metal I feel very very comfortable with. That goes with everything. And that's always classic and in style :twisted:
Again I have chosen platinum. To be honest I would have loved the combination with RG but I did not want to run the risk that it would be too rosy or too 'near yellow'. So platinum it is!

David will add some engraving to the head so I can determine whether I like it or not. I am so looking forward to find out whether it works or not!

The sapphires are now on their way to David, so that will be next, but after the Paraiba ring has been finalised.

Any updates on your projects?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I agree you can't go wrong with platinum, it's so classic and versatile. Its wonderful that DK will trial the engraving for you so that you can decide if you like it. I'm looking forward to seeing both of your rings!

Not much to update at this stage, the electric blue topaz will be cut this week and should cut a 7-7.5mm stone. No idea what shape it will be but Im sure it will be a pleasant surprise! My pearls have arrived though and I love them!

_29089.jpg

_29090.jpg

_29091.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These pearls are amazing Ricezo!!!
Pearls are so beautiful and super feminine :love: Great choice.

Looking forward to see your topaz project progressing as well.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to derail the thread here (apologies, acinom!), but Ricezo, ear shots or it didn't happen! :praise: ;))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Acinom and sorry to thread jack! Haha Minousbijoux here you go!

_29119.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see this set. I would have chosen platinum. As usual, you never disappoint, Acinom! :clap: :clap: :clap:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ricezo: perfect size, they look great on you!

acinom: don't you owe us pics of the casting and/or work so far? Didn't I see that you had posted the casting in another thread? No slacking off, now missy, get crackin' with those pics! :wink2:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1429134278|3862519 said:
Thanks Acinom and sorry to thread jack! Haha Minousbijoux here you go!

They look even more amazing in your ears Ricezo!!! Quite spectacular yet very feminine and elegant :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1429135353|3862522 said:
Can't wait to see this set. I would have chosen platinum. As usual, you never disappoint, Acinom! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you for your kind words Derbygal! And thank you for your platinum vote 8-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1429137772|3862529 said:
Ricezo: perfect size, they look great on you!

acinom: don't you owe us pics of the casting and/or work so far? Didn't I see that you had posted the casting in another thread? No slacking off, now missy, get crackin' with those pics! :wink2:

Hi Minousbijoux :wavey:
No updates yet. I've posted the pics of the rough cast at the beginning of this thread. David will apply engraving on the head so I can determine whether I like the look. I am looking forward to see the pics he will send.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally an update! I received photo's from David last night with the head engraved. I really need your help here :wavey:
There are three options:
Option 1: go back to polished (David is willing to do this; he is such an angel)
Option 2: engrave the full ring
Option 3: leave it as is: head engraved and the shank polished

_29435.jpg

_29436.jpg

_29439.jpg

_29440.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet more...

_29441.jpg

_29443.jpg

_29444.jpg

_29445.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For comparison: the clean version:

_29446.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow I forgot about your Paraiba! I vote for full engraving.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1429861048|3866982 said:
Oh wow I forgot about your Paraiba! I vote for full engraving.

Thank you for your vote Lovingsgems! Would you have the full ring engraved? Or only the top, leaving the profile polished?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love the engraving!!! I'm so surprised - I was so set on the clean lines but I love it! :love: :love: :love:

What are your thoughts?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hi Acinom!
I am so careless and I can't express myself properly! I vote for the side profile polished and the rest engraved.
This is hard...what's your preference?
Maybe just leave the basket polished. :cheeky:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1429865578|3867000 said:
I love the engraving!!! I'm so surprised - I was so set on the clean lines but I love it! :love: :love: :love:

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for chiming in. It's really helpful to hear different views and thoughts.
I love the engraving as well! It frames the Paraiba nicely and has a softer look compared to the polished version. I was convinced that it should be either fully engraved or polished, but I do like it as is as well :???:
So, no decision yet but at the moment I am contemplating to have the top of the shank engraved and leave the profile polished.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1429865698|3867001 said:
Hi Acinom!
I am so careless and I can't express myself properly! I vote for the side profile polished and the rest engraved.
This is hard...what's your preference?
Maybe just leave the basket polished. :cheeky:

Thanks for clarifying Lovinggems :wavey: I love the solution you are proposing. Thank you for sharing your ideas!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Yay, new pictures! :D I didn't know how I'd feel about some engraving (because with something like that, I feel I have to see it simply because of variation), but I love it! I really do. :love: I love the delicate features with such a show-stopping color, how there's a balance between everything, which involves a touch of contrast with the engraving and polishing; however, the polished band/basket and claw prongs really tie it all together for me. I worry that if you did engraving all over, it might become too much or a "distraction" from the cab. Oh, and the millgrain is gorgeous. So I vote to leave it like this! But that's my personal opinion. I'm sure it'll turn out wonderfully whatever you decide! :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! :love:
I vote leave as is. It's perfect. Polished shank with head engraved.
Looks amazing IMO. Beautiful.

acinomsparaibainplatinum.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Engraving, makes it look more expensive. :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Engraved! I love it as is. Can anyone photoshop the full engraving? I am having trouble trying to visualize a fully engraved ring, hence cannot decide which one to choose.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another love it as is...the engraving compliments your beautiful paraiba without being too busy. Gorgeous

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sparkliesluver, Missy, TL, Chrono and Lilmosun :wavey:

I really appreciate your remarks! It helps me to sharpen my mind and see different perspectives.

There seems to be quite some consensus to leave it as is! And perhaps I will indeed follow that route 8-)
I love it much much better with the head engraved. But like Chrono I am having difficulties predicting what it would look like either fully engraved or at least the top of the shank. Unfortunately I don't have the photoshop skills.

I will have to sleep on it. I love it as is and I think it could be pretty with additional engraving. But would it be too much?
Thanks again 8-)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect it will look more finished overall with engraving on the shank, having said that it depends if you want the whole thing look old or if you want it to look modern. At the moment it still looks modern to my eye even with the small amount of engraving which overall is a nice effect.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its gorgeous as is. Is your RG one fully engraved?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1429883461|3867092 said:
I suspect it will look more finished overall with engraving on the shank, having said that it depends if you want the whole thing look old or if you want it to look modern. At the moment it still looks modern to my eye even with the small amount of engraving which overall is a nice effect.

Thanks for sharing your view Arkieb!
I am even thinking about an additional option: to make the shank matted :confused:
Oh, the endless possibilities!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1429886873|3867122 said:
I think its gorgeous as is. Is your RG one fully engraved?

Thanks Arcadian! Which RG do you mean? I have one RG set by Caysie which is fully engraved

_29475.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results