shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba Eternity

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I don't normally post much in CS, but I have been thinking a lot lately about creating my push present.

For reference, my e-ring is: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jb-star-2-01-d-si2-with-paraiba-sidestones.171686/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jb-star-2-01-d-si2-with-paraiba-sidestones.171686/[/URL]

I'm completely smitten with a paraiba eternity that JB Star made, but am pretty sure that it has sold. It's no longer on JB Star's site. I have no idea where to even begin looking for something like this. This is the only listing left on the internet that I've found with some info on the ring. http://www.bighamjewelers.com/shop/shop-ladies-diamond-wedding-bands/paraiba-and-platinum-eternity-ring-1312/

The pics that JB Star put up make the colored stones look terrible. In fact, I completely balked at my e-ring when I saw their pictures and it was only with much persuasion that my e-ring was sent out for inspection by me.

So here are the pics, any help in locating a matching parcel of paraibas would be fantastic, or do you guys think its impossible? Shape doesn't have to be marquise.

_4211.jpg

0780003_l1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean actual "Paraibas" or do you mean good quality cuprian or copper bearing tourmaline? Real Paraibas will be next to impossible to find and outrageously expensive. Good quality copper bearing tourmalines will be challenging but possibly doable. Not cheap though.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1362440938|3396299 said:
Do you mean actual "Paraibas" or do you mean good quality cuprian or copper bearing tourmaline? Real Paraibas will be next to impossible to find and outrageously expensive. Good quality copper bearing tourmalines will be challenging but possibly doable. Not cheap though.

+1. If you want to go the latter route, you can look around at the vendor list in the forum, and contact the vendors directly to ask if they can source or cut the stones for you.

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Yes I'm looking for the real deal paraibas. The paraiba stones in my e-ring all came individually certified as Brazilian origin (have forgotten the lab name) and were also appraised by Martin Fuller. Sigh, the closest that has been found are 1-3 pointer stones which are too small to make what I want. The other issue are stones that match in color, more blue rather than green.

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
If I wanted to open it up to cuprian tourmalines, won't it be difficult to match my current stones in color and the "neonness"?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I would talk with Leon Mege about this. He has some spectacular paraiba pieces and seems to have great sources for cored stones. I'm sure it would cost a fortune but it would be perfection.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frankly, if that eternity you posted is one you consider as matching your ER for neon and glow, then it will be not be difficult to find high quality copper bearing that match. It is hard to tell from your ER photos what the precise color and intensity of glow is of your Paraibas. A better photo where the focus is on the sides stones rather than the diamond would be informative and would help answer the question as to whether you can match the color and glow. My gut says that you likely will be able to find some neon cuprian stones that would match.

One other question - how hard are you on your rings? Have you had an opportunity to loupe the Paraibas at all to see how they are faring? Would you be okay if you had an eternity ring made with additional tourmalines and they were damaged over time? I don't know the likelihood of that happening - it really depends upon how much you wear them and how hard you are on your jewelry.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
gammygam|1362437187|3396242 said:
I'm completely smitten with a paraiba eternity that JB Star made, but am pretty sure that it has sold. It's no longer on JB Star's site. I have no idea where to even begin looking for something like this. This is the only listing left on the internet that I've found with some info on the ring. http://www.bighamjewelers.com/shop/shop-ladies-diamond-wedding-bands/paraiba-and-platinum-eternity-ring-1312/
why don't you just call them and ask for a quote? It looks to me like they make them to order, or can at least make one to order. It's worth a call, IMHO.

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Rosenbloom, that's a great idea. Some of his rings are TDF.

Minous, I've never seen this band in person. It's why I'm hesitant about whether it would even match what I have. If you look on their site, all their colored stones look awful IMO. Their diamond pictures are pretty terrible too. I'm smitten with the idea that the shapes match along with the pave. I'd wear a small 1mm spacer. I just had my ring checked a month ago actually, I try to baby my jewelry (not just ring) as much as possible. I don't wear them around the house and I actually don't wear my e-ring daily.

I'll have to get some better side stone pictures, my ring needs a good professional clean, I'm not the best at cleaning it and I only trust my jeweler. Btw, if anyone has good cleaning tips, I'm all ears. I just do dawn and cool filtered water and that does nothing to really clean anything.

I'm actually torn between the idea of a nice matching eternity or something more functional like a huge blingy 5-stone diamond band. The rational side of me says that's probably more smart because its something that could be everyday wear.

Free child, thanks ill try to contact them again. The other issue with the band is that it was a size 7. They offered to remake it for me but I balked at the additional price and that I knew my finger size would be fluctuating.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
If you know your finger size will be fluctuating- why don't you consider a half eternity that can be more easily sized? Also, I second the recommendation to contact JB Star. I was at a trunk show last year that they did and they still had the setting with Paribas like your ering so they may still have more of those gems around.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gammygam|1362472714|3396642 said:
Rosenbloom, that's a great idea. Some of his rings are TDF.

Minous, I've never seen this band in person. It's why I'm hesitant about whether it would even match what I have. If you look on their site, all their colored stones look awful IMO. Their diamond pictures are pretty terrible too. I'm smitten with the idea that the shapes match along with the pave. I'd wear a small 1mm spacer. I just had my ring checked a month ago actually, I try to baby my jewelry (not just ring) as much as possible. I don't wear them around the house and I actually don't wear my e-ring daily.

I'll have to get some better side stone pictures, my ring needs a good professional clean, I'm not the best at cleaning it and I only trust my jeweler. Btw, if anyone has good cleaning tips, I'm all ears. I just do dawn and cool filtered water and that does nothing to really clean anything.

I'm actually torn between the idea of a nice matching eternity or something more functional like a huge blingy 5-stone diamond band. The rational side of me says that's probably more smart because its something that could be everyday wear.

Free child, thanks ill try to contact them again. The other issue with the band is that it was a size 7. They offered to remake it for me but I balked at the additional price and that I knew my finger size would be fluctuating.

True neon material is ver very difficult to find now. Top that with the fact you want multiple stones and I would think that's virtually impossible unless you have an unlimited budget. Even with cuprians it'll be a tough call. It's a good idea to contact the maker of the ring you like but please be aware that just having Brazil as a location doesn't make a cuprian a Paraiba.

There is another stone that you could look at as an alternative which is neon apatite. Neither tourmaline or apatite are particularly hardy so you will need to be careful especially with the stones on the underside of the ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To get this many well matched stones in the same size and colour, I would go back to JB Star and inquire since they had it at least once. I am also cautious about the terminology Paraiba being slung left and right. None of the stones shown give off that screaming fake colouration of what a true Paraiba is. Origin does not make the stone.

To clean tourmaline (since the softest stone is a tourmaline, I would base the cleaning recommendation on that), what you are doing is fine. A soft baby toothbrush to scrub the underside is also safe. Do not use a steamer or ultrasonic unless you are willing to risk damage to the tourmaline.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results