shape
carat
color
clarity

Pantone 2023 Color of the Year - Viva Magenta - Show your Magenta colored stones!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pantone has announced their 2023 color of the year - Viva Magenta!

Personally, I love pink/red stones with a purple modifier - so in honor of Pantone's color of 2023, show me magenta (aks fuschia) colored stones!

Personal Note: Although it was more pink than red, Magenta was my favorite crayon as a kid...it only came in the 64 pack and I remembered begging my mom for a whole new box of crayons every time I'd use that one colored crayon to a stubble.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pantone has announced their 2023 color of the year - Viva Magenta!

Personally, I love pink/red stones with a purple modifier - so in honor of Pantone's color of 2023, show me magenta (aks fuschia) colored stones!

Personal Note: Although it was more pink than red, Magenta was my favorite crayon as a kid...it only came in the 64 pack and I remembered begging my mom for a whole new box of crayons every time I'd use that one colored crayon to a stubble.

Screenshot_20220912-210111_Samsung Internet.jpg

I tried this one on in person and it was TDF!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220911-233822_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220911-233822_WhatsApp.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 17

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first loose CS and still one of my favorites is my "magenta" mahenge spinel.

I found PS looking for info on paraiba tourmalines. At the time, it seemed like everyone was showing their mahenge spinels. Another bright vivid stone new to me and I soon wanted one...especially when I saw references to "magenta". With the help of PS (Mahenge Hunt), the hunt was one. Unfortunately, I was late to the game, it was mined out color and thus hard to find (in my budget).

It was also my introduction to working with Yvonne (Cecile Raley Designs)..Not having exactly what I wanted, she offered to look on her next visit to Prima Gems. I told her that I had already been in contact with Jaimeen without luck. Imagine my surprise, when she sent me a message that she found exactly, what I was looking for...literally on his floor..he didn't know he had it :lol-2: ). Anyway, she let him sell it to me since I had contacted him first. Her level of service and kindness to a total stranger was the start of a long standing relationship that started with my desire to do business with her in return.

I remember how tiny the stone looked unset (at 1.09 cts 6.2 x 4.7 mm still small by PS standards but average for me to this day) and at $700, cost more than I spent on most of my jewelry at the time. The PS effect had begun...

spinel_1_1.jpg

20221209_134752.jpg

And I was lucky enough years later to pick up a preloved pair of near matching (tad more red if you look very closely side-by-side) 5mm mahenge spinels from katharath which I set into studs (to wear with my diamond jackets):

20221210_125313.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like my red stones with blue, however, I am not sure if any of mine qualifies as Magenta.

DK :))

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for sharing :appl:
@ilovegemstones the color and size :kiss2:
@bling_dream19 magenta and beautiful faceting by Gene..win win!
@Bron357 would love to learn more about your beautiful stone!
@elle_71125 love the color combination and big beautiful magenta tourmaline!
@Nick_G small and mighty for sure...so cool!
@mellowyellowgirl wow...love the finger coverage!

@dk168 I hope you'll play...while the Viva Magenta is a very specific shade as @pokerface posted, its use is for influencing color trends for consumers and their version is rooted in the red family! On a similar note, there are variations of magenta ! Let's include them all..can't wait to see more :wavey:

Kind of reminds me of the carpet in the master bedroom of the house I purchased recently. :confused: I call it my 1980s brothel. :lol::lol-2::oops2: I can't wait for the renovation. :bigsmile:

Master.jpg

I always wondered how bathtubs and carpets worked? But it has great potential... congrats on the purchase!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go...

9mm Rubellite - IRL, it does not have any brown:

Dreadful photo, my Ruby cabochon ring from my mum:

Lab Ruby:

My small and large Ruby hearts:

As mentioned, none of them had brown in them as I don't like it.

DK :))

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small but mighty - 0.96ct spinel from Westview Gems
IMG_9318.JPG

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 thanks for playing - beautiful pieces! I love my rubies with a purple modifier as well :)
@ecf8503 not so small but def mighty!
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE what a collection...I am jealous
@Nick_G thanks for sharing another cool specimen
@Crimson that pendant is to die for!

Love seeing all our "magenta" beauties in one place...I can look at this thread all day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results