shape
carat
color
clarity

Palladium + Rose Gold attachment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve posted this on the Rocky Talky topic page, but I will try putting it here as well.

Hello, I am in need of knowledgeble advice here. I''ve designed a ring that has a thin stem with a flower attached at the end of it, which surrounds the stone and is to be in metal.

I''ve been hooked on the idea of Palladium, and my idea is to have the entire ring done in Palladium except for the flower bud, which I want in Rose Gold. The jeweler we''ve talked to can do rings with Palladium, but he said that he is not sure if he can attach a flower bud in Rose Gold on to it. He said that the bud will have to soldered onto the stem, and he is worried that it will break off in the future. He said that if I get a white gold ring with the rose gold flower bud, it will not be an issue.
Has anyone designed something like this before? Does anyone know how palladium work with other metals? I know that some people have two tone rings with palladium, but maybe this is different because it involves soldering? Any input will be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results