shape
carat
color
clarity

Painting trim (baseboards) need advice, pics included!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I love it Beau, it looks so great!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Good work. The only thing I might consider changing is to paint the door the same color as the trim. To me it has always seemed odd when people paint a door the same color as the wall but to some people that''s the norm!

Nice updates Beau. I''ll be curious to see the slate fireplace when it goes in.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great Beau!

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 4:55:20 PM
Author: Clairitek
Good work. The only thing I might consider changing is to paint the door the same color as the trim. To me it has always seemed odd when people paint a door the same color as the wall but to some people that''s the norm!

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing.

The room is looking good Beau- those baseboards make a big difference and I thik the fireplace redo is going to be great. It will modernize the room. I''m glad to hear you''re tackling baseboards in other rooms now- you''ll love the white against the oak floors.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 6:27:01 PM
Author: upgrade

The room is looking good Beau- those baseboards make a big difference and I thik the fireplace redo is going to be great. It will modernize the room. I''m glad to hear you''re tackling baseboards in other rooms now- you''ll love the white against the oak floors.
Thanks..however there will be no white near the oak! lol
Just the foyer, the original baseboards (when we bought the house) are the same wood (I think mahogony) that was in the family room. Those will be painted, when I repaint the entrance way, but the solid oak trim that was just installed along with the hardwood floors will be staying as is!!
9.gif

MrsDoubleP

Shiny_Rock
It looks great beau! I really like the new ivory baseboards - the room seems so much brighter. I noticed that you replaced the iron/glass (?) table with a leaning shelf thingy (don''t know exactly what it''s called) - I really like this change too! I think I have to agree with a couple of others who said that it might look nice to paint the door the same color as the trim, but other than that, I love it! Good job!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 6:27:01 PM
Author: upgrade

I noticed the door too...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with the door thing too.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great; but I think the sofa needs to be flipped and oriented towards the fireplace. And, even though I love ottomans, I think you need a coffee table. Maybe something mirrored or a lucite one because you have a very modern look in your room. And, I''m probably in the minority and I''m pretty sure you''re gonna hate this suggestion, but I would change the wall color . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results