shape
carat
color
clarity

Painting a rental home''s interior?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:56:38 PM
Author: EBree
Thanks again for weighing in, everyone!

DH and I decided to paint, but only two bedrooms and a feature wall in the living room. We chose a nice, soothing blue for the bedrooms and for the feature wall, a soft sage green. Yesterday, we took the chips to the management company and if the landlord approves, we''ll paint before we get the furniture moved in! Unfortunately, we can''t afford to have it done professionally *now,* but I''ll see to it that we save up the $ to have it professionally re-painted in a few years.

ETA: Hiya Fisher! I''ve missed you too! I''ve been in major TTC-lurk mode, but I should have an update in the next few days.
9.gif
Yay for making a comeback with an update, Ebree!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 1:22:16 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I am lazy so I would never want to paint a rental and then paint it BACK. I think there are other ways to bring color in.
I totally agree. I''d opt to bring in color by using throw pillows, throw blankets, pictures/paintings, plants, etc. instead.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:56:38 PM
Author: EBree
Thanks again for weighing in, everyone!

DH and I decided to paint, but only two bedrooms and a feature wall in the living room. We chose a nice, soothing blue for the bedrooms and for the feature wall, a soft sage green. Yesterday, we took the chips to the management company and if the landlord approves, we''ll paint before we get the furniture moved in! Unfortunately, we can''t afford to have it done professionally *now,* but I''ll see to it that we save up the $ to have it professionally re-painted in a few years.

ETA: Hiya Fisher! I''ve missed you too! I''ve been in major TTC-lurk mode, but I should have an update in the next few days.
9.gif
Good choice! J and I painted our living room after getting approval (of sorts) from our estate agency (they first said we''d have to repaint it when we left, then they said we could just leave it if the colour wasn''t too dark--it''s Laura Ashley''s duck egg blue so it''s not dark at all). Even if we do end up having to repaint when we leave, I am so pleased with it that I will not mind too much. Makes this place feel much more like ours! The very very white walls just looked too sterile for me to feel like it was really our home. Hope you are happy with your decision!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results