shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging the lovely FacetFire - about your Jeff White Grossular . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump, so FacetFire might see it!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
*bump* for the same reason.
9.gif

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
bumpsie.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 11:32:54 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 8/13/2008 10:33:23 AM
Author: geckodani
bumpsie.gif

what she said...............
You guys rock - let''s try this one more time!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Since Lauren was kind enough to point this thread out in her recent thread about her stunning ring, I finally know it exists! Sorry about that all! Life has been crazy lately and I haven''t spent much time on PS. I am starting my own photography business and could never have guessed how time consuming this would all be. DH and I have also been trying to buy our first home, but that''s another story all together.

Anyway, on to the important stuff
2.gif
... I am definitely still planning on setting Jeff''s stone, I just need to get my funds in order. The plan is still to go with a WG bezel like this Tiffany Lucida. I just love bezels! I was hoping to find a way to pay for some step cut traps to go on either side, but I don''t think that is to be anytime in the near future. And, since I''d rather have a simpler ring than wait, that''s the plan. With any luck, I''ll be dropping the garnet off at my jeweler two weekends from now so they can get to work on it. Seriously, though, if anyone has any other ideas, I am all ears. Here''s the Tiffany I was thinking of:

PS-tiffany-garnet.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And here it is from the top, just picture it with an asscher cut :)

PS-tiffany-garnet-2.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And just as a reminder, here is the lovely Jeff White cut grossular garnet. Maybe I''ll Photoshop them together if I get a chance. What do you guys think? Would it work? Any better ideas that wouldn''t be too pricey? Thanks for staying interested!
9.gif

20080502-Garnet-IMG_3741.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh yummy!
I want a bezel setting like that, too, but bezels are so expensive! I hope you can get yours set like that.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think that would look AMAZING bezel set!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that garnet needs the bezel to protect its girdle......and i think it will stunning in that setting! the simplicity of the setting with the color and super cut will be striking indeed.

movie zombie

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I''m glad you all think I''m on the right track with this one. I am always so wary of getting beautiful stones set for fear that I won''t like the setting and won''t end up wearing them!
40.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be absolutely gorgeous! So you''re thinking about starting this project in the next couple of weeks? How exciting!

I mean, I love the idea of it set with step cut traps, but I''m sure you know how I feel about bezeled Asschers! YUM!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 10:27:30 PM
Author: FacetFire
And just as a reminder, here is the lovely Jeff White cut grossular garnet. Maybe I''ll Photoshop them together if I get a chance. What do you guys think? Would it work? Any better ideas that wouldn''t be too pricey? Thanks for staying interested!
9.gif

The bezel with this stone would be a stunning combination!

Why don''t you do a "photoshop help" page? There are a few in this section who do really good Photoshopping...plus, most of us are just looking for something to keep us occupied!!

So we live vicariously through other people''s photoshopped stones/settings!
31.gif

LS

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Actually, if you get me a straight-on shot of the setting, I can do it for you :)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2008 8:16:52 PM
Author: LostSapphire

The bezel with this stone would be a stunning combination!

Why don't you do a 'photoshop help' page? There are a few in this section who do really good Photoshopping...plus, most of us are just looking for something to keep us occupied!!

So we live vicariously through other people's photoshopped stones/settings!
31.gif

LS
I resemble that remark.
2.gif

And facetfire - I really, truly think it would be stunning in a bezel!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results