shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging T-Gal !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was just really wearable, while still being a lovely piece of art. I knew 23rd street was expensive, but yeesh! 5K for what I saw is ridiculous. ESPECIALLY since it was only going to be in 14K (looked better with my pad) rose gold. I hear they don''t even make their own stuff anyway - that it goes off site. The lady I spoke to today was very helpful though. I guess they have to pay her salary somehow!

I haven''t ruled out JM (because he''s such a nice man), but the more I think about it, the more I think this pad deserves something a little more delicate and romantic.

I''m realizing more and more that you really have to try rings on. The woman pulled out an oval halo today with a yellow diamond close the size of my pad. The delicate pave ring shank was about 1.5 mm. I hated the thing on my hand although it was pretty in the case. So now I have the unenviable task of finding something not too froofy and delicate, but delicate enough while being substantial.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is the hard part, find the right setting for a pad. They are such beautiful and delicate stones, that you want something to showcase them.

I really don''t like the setting for my larger pad and may eventually reset it. I picture it in some flowery setting, if that makes sense. They really are special stones.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, I have the setting for you. Well, a sketch of it anyway. I went to Van Craynest''s site and saw it. Let me see if I can pull it up for you...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, here it is. Tell me this thing doesn''t look beautiful, and it''s only a drawing...

m-pic-rt.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, I would love that. You know, I have been telling DH I would like to visit there.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should. I sent a request out to VC to see if they have any pics of that ring if it was ever made. Their rings aren''t really "me" but I''d be interested in seeing them in person.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are only an hour away from us, in S.F. Next time we make a trip down there, I will call and see if I can make an appt with Larry.

I still have to set my two smaller pads too, that is another project.
23.gif

I hope you can set yours soon. I am dying to see it.
36.gif
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 2:35:43 AM
Author: Linda W
They are only an hour away from us, in S.F. Next time we make a trip down there, I will call and see if I can make an appt with Larry.

I still have to set my two smaller pads too, that is another project.
23.gif

I hope you can set yours soon. I am dying to see it.
36.gif
36.gif
It will be awhile Linda. With no bonus this year, plus the Beaudry I bought on ebay, my current setting budget is pretty low, unless I pull from some money that I just like to keep aside for whatever reason.

Yes, you DO need to set them pads and get pictures! If you have a scanner, they take decent "pics" believe it or not.

Sheesh, you and chrono.
25.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA, I know we both are bad. Well, one good thing I am meeting Layla (Gypsy) pretty soon and she will take pictures for me. Hopefully, Neatfreak will be moving nearby too and I get to babysit the twins, yipppppeeeeeee. Don''t know for sure yet. My fingers are crossed though.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I''ll try the scanner tomorrow, never thought of that.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please take more pictures of your pad too ok??? You didn''t take many shots of it.

I hope you can have it set, by the end of the year.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. That''s stunning TGal!!!!
30.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Yeah 23rd Street Jewelers sure was expensive but you must admit their work is sooooo delicate. I wonder who else can do such delicate work. I was so happy to be able to make it in there while I was in Santa Monica.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, maybe I dreamt this, but don''t 23rd st get some of their work done by Singlestone?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 11:24:24 AM
Author: Gailey
OK, maybe I dreamt this, but don''t 23rd st get some of their work done by Singlestone?
When I spoke to them, it didn''t sound like that was the case. They were joking about how it was fun to "win" from competitors. Their work also looked different to me. 23rd Street uses about 4 to 5 setters depending on the work that needs to be done. I was told that what I wanted can only be done by one of their setters. I wish I knew who they go to!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, there was a setting at 23rd that looks the same (might be identical, not sure) as the one at singlestone. Otherwise I have to say the work that I saw at 23rd street was more delicate, and some more intricate. However, I think I am going to go back to SS to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results