shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Snooper

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jazzgirl

Rough_Rock
I''m thinking of getting my antique cushion set in the same Leon Mege setting as you did. Your ring just took my breath away- it is GORGEOUS! I have a few questions that I hope you don''t mind answering, it would really help me in making my decision:

Can you describe the setting to me? From the side it looks like it has almost a fine platinum bezel just under the edges of the stone but then from the top view you can''t see it at all. Also does your stone have those fabulously delicate double claws? It sure looks like it does!

And my last question...I promise! Could you give me an approximate price quote for this setting? I''ve heard that LM can be expensive so I want to know if this is at all in my budget or am I just shooting for the stars! :)
Thanks in advance Snooper!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jazzgirl!

Let''s see, there''s no bezel around the stone at all, and since I''m not too good at describing various parts of a ring, I''ll attach a few pictures. I may have posted them in my cushion thread, but I hope they help. I think it''s called a doughnut but when I wear the ring, under the stone, where a band would sit flush to the ring, there''s a ''doughnut'' but again, no bezel.

My work order says the setting is:

Ring solitare "classic" like r907
Cathedral Shank
Double claw on central stone
Set low as possible
Delicate

I believe the going rate, based on threads I have read is $1500 for this setting. It''s very substantial yet delicate and the prongs are sooooo fine :)

Hope that helps!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
pics

r1132 ringS.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
side view

IMG_1535A.JPG

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
And thanks for the complement :) The ''doughnut'' is in pic one, under the stone, and the ring won''t sit flush with a band, but there''s honestly the TINIEST gap between the band/ring.
35.gif

jazzgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks Snooper! The more I look at your ring the more I love it!
Was the "donought" your choice or was it one of Leon''s standard settings? I guess I''m asking because is it possible for a wedding band to sit flush without the donought? What does the donought do for the setting since it doesn''t seem to show from the top?

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I think the doughnut is part of the design? I want to say that another PS''er had a ring w/o the doughnut so that her rings could sit flush? I don''t think it was the same ring design, but in general, I think you could ask for that to be removed. I''d drop him an email or call about it.

jazzgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks Snooper!
Just curious- is Boston_Jeff''s 2.26 OMC set in the same LM setting as yours?

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Yes

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LM does make a version of the setting without a donut. Look through his gallery, I have seen it there.

jazzgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks Snooper! I really appreciate all your help!

jazzgirl

Rough_Rock
DreamerD- looking through his gallery now, hope I find it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results