shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging SimplySplendid''s Ruby Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
SimplySplendid:

I saw your ring on another thread and would LOVE to see more pics! Do you have a thread about it? I did a quick search but may have missed it...

Grabbed your pic and will post here for reference.

May we see more RED BERRY LUSCIOUSNESS please?

LS

ETA: oops the pic didn't post. Let me try that again

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
oh LS! You really are a gal after my own heart!

I have a little list of pricescope posts that are my absolute favourite rings...

This ruby of simplysplendid''s is one of them - it is truly beautiful.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ruby-advice-please.61775/

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 5:40:16 PM
Author: pwendyp
oh LS! You really are a gal after my own heart!

I have a little list of pricescope posts that are my absolute favourite rings...

This ruby of simplysplendid''s is one of them - it is truly beautiful.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ruby-advice-please.61775/
Thank you pwendyp! I searched for the thread but didn''t go that far back!

It is beautiful.

LS

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
You''re very welcome!

I remembered bookmarking simplysplendid''s pricescope page way back, also after seeing the ruby cluster, from Leon, that inpsired your beautiful new ring.

Those two ruby clusters, and your new sapphire one, are among the absolute best I have ever seen...and there have been a few!

I just adore the size of the diamonds used in this type of ring...it just ''sings'' to me!

One day next year...it might just come to fruition for me...we shall see!

Just a week or so ago, I spied an absolutely lush ruby at a jewellery fair, and the ''sales assistant'' almost sold it me for $500. My honesty kept me blabbering to him...''are you sure?'' said I...

''Well, it does have a dark inclusion, and the red is much brighter than our other rubies...perhaps that''s why it''s cheaper'' replied the assistant...

A few more words were exchanged, and by this time, the man in the corner had perked up, and come over...his boss I rather think. The SA asked him...at which point the Bossman turned over the little case, and I could almost feel his pain at the SA error!!

He hid it very well though, as he told me the ruby would indeed be $14,000!!!

I never would have lived with myself had I bought it at the price I was quoted...not sure I would have got very far either...the security at the place is ''tight'' to say the least!

Ah well...

It was a beauty though - almost 3ct in weight, and simply sang!

28.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 4:45:35 AM
Author: pwendyp
You''re very welcome!

I remembered bookmarking simplysplendid''s pricescope page way back, also after seeing the ruby cluster, from Leon, that inpsired your beautiful new ring.

Those two ruby clusters, and your new sapphire one, are among the absolute best I have ever seen...and there have been a few!

I just adore the size of the diamonds used in this type of ring...it just ''sings'' to me!

One day next year...it might just come to fruition for me...we shall see!

Just a week or so ago, I spied an absolutely lush ruby at a jewellery fair, and the ''sales assistant'' almost sold it me for $500. My honesty kept me blabbering to him...''are you sure?'' said I...

''Well, it does have a dark inclusion, and the red is much brighter than our other rubies...perhaps that''s why it''s cheaper'' replied the assistant...

A few more words were exchanged, and by this time, the man in the corner had perked up, and come over...his boss I rather think. The SA asked him...at which point the Bossman turned over the little case, and I could almost feel his pain at the SA error!!

He hid it very well though, as he told me the ruby would indeed be $14,000!!!

I never would have lived with myself had I bought it at the price I was quoted...not sure I would have got very far either...the security at the place is ''tight'' to say the least!

Ah well...

It was a beauty though - almost 3ct in weight, and simply sang!

28.gif

oooh how exciting.....*so close yet so far*

Thank you for finding the thread: I wish there were more pictures! Maybe SS will see this and post MORE!

LS

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LostSapphire and pwendyp! Thank you so much for your kind words!

I love love this ruby as well as it was my first ruby and my hubby got this for me for going through a CVS during the 11th week of my pregnancy while I was expecting my second boy. The jeweler I bought this from subsequently also sold a 6 carat unheated "pigeon blood" ruby for, I can''t remember whether it was USD400,000 or USD400,000 per carat. Can you imagine 6 carat of red lusiousness LostSapphire?! [drool].. Yes, pwendyp, I think the boss quoted the right price range for a ruby that is more than 2 carats. The price jump is very high the moment it exceeds 2 carats. Darnit, I wish you had got it at USD500!
9.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 12:56:01 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Hi LostSapphire and pwendyp! Thank you so much for your kind words!

I love love this ruby as well as it was my first ruby and my hubby got this for me for going through a CVS during the 11th week of my pregnancy while I was expecting my second boy. The jeweler I bought this from subsequently also sold a 6 carat unheated ''pigeon blood'' ruby for, I can''t remember whether it was USD400,000 or USD400,000 per carat. Can you imagine 6 carat of red lusiousness LostSapphire?! [drool].. Yes, pwendyp, I think the boss quoted the right price range for a ruby that is more than 2 carats. The price jump is very high the moment it exceeds 2 carats. Darnit, I wish you had got it at USD500!
9.gif

Hey SS! Thanks for the reply!

BUT WHAT WE REALLY WANT IS MORE PICS!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LS

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LostSapphire, I will try to take some pictures when the opportunity arise but I must admit it is a little difficult nowadays. With two little boys I now have a live-in domestic helper so I hardly have the chance to play with my "toys" now
7.gif
. I really miss those times when I can just play with my little gems and trinklets at home without fearing that someone might be watching. She is honest and trustworthy but to be safe, I just don''t bring them out to play with them as much as I like to anymore. So my pieces only get worn when I am going out and when I return, it goes right back into the safe..

Thank you so much again! Are you planning a next project soon? Something to match your gorgeous new ring?

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
oh simplysplendid!

The minute the guy got the ruby out to show me, and I asked the price...I knew he was wrong...!

I had homed in on that ruby from a cabinet full of pinks and reds...

As he turned over the little box, whatever it was he read on the back - it sure wasn't the per carat price!

It really was a lush red colour, and I think I'm remembering it was about 2.5ct...perhaps a bit less...anyways - the show I was at, was registration only, and ticket scan - the works, and it just wasn't gonna happen!

Can you imagine though - the boss hadn't been there, and I had had $500 in my purse...and I was a little naive about pricing, and bought it...what a shock when I took it to my jeweller huh!

ah...dream on Wendy!

simplysplendid, I have admired your ring for the longest time, and thank you for sharing the story behind it...all the more precious a ring for the meaning behind it.

I reckon I can get a gorgeous red spinel...a top grade red garnet...and make my cluster next year...

here's hoping

26.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pwendyp, I look forward to seeing your project then.. by the way, there is a gorgeous red ruby on richard homer''s site. Unheated and a gorgeous red, have you seen it?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 1:34:07 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Hi LostSapphire, I will try to take some pictures when the opportunity arise but I must admit it is a little difficult nowadays. With two little boys I now have a live-in domestic helper so I hardly have the chance to play with my ''toys'' now
7.gif
. I really miss those times when I can just play with my little gems and trinklets at home without fearing that someone might be watching. She is honest and trustworthy but to be safe, I just don''t bring them out to play with them as much as I like to anymore. So my pieces only get worn when I am going out and when I return, it goes right back into the safe..

Thank you so much again! Are you planning a next project soon? Something to match your gorgeous new ring?
....sorry to hear your home situation is *interfering* with your gem-trinket playing!
3.gif
Life is tough, isn''t it! Maybe when everyone''s tired out and sleepy you can play...or, oh yeah, I got it: get DH to take you out! Then, take pics!!!

Project? NOPE. I spent all the $$ for now. And am loving every minute of it. So far, no yearnings for new bling (yet!). I''m not a "change my jewellery" kind of girl: I''ve always had 2 stunning rings and never switched them out. So with the new sapphire my hands are once again complete (the right hand ring is a whopper of a door knocker so all is in balance!).

...Don''t need studs. But, a pendant might be nice sometime down the road.

Good luck with those little boys. And thank you for sharing your ruby: I love it.

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results