shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging RLG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I was just looking at your "where to live" thread, and it sounds like you and your FI are both starting residency through a military program. If this is true, I just wanted to see if you wanted to chat. My husband is graduating medical school this year and starting his residency at the Naval hospital in Portsmouth, VA. We had been hoping for the Naval hospital in Bethesda, but it didn''t happen. His residency is 5 years long, but we are actually considering applying for an extended GMO that would interrupt his residency and finish off his active duty requirement.

If you are working at Walter Reed/the NMC, does that mean you are Navy as well? If so, I would really love to chat if you are interested as it''s really difficult for us watching all our med. school friends go through the traditional match right now.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sabine,
Sorry I am seeing this so late. Long story short I was in the Navy and switched to the Army. I am starting my residency in OBGYN at WRAMC/NNMC (combined program). At least one of my classmates is going to Portsmouth in Peds. I loved it down there when I did my rotation. I would love to chat. Match day was pretty bitter sweet for me as well. Its like you are so excited for all of your friends but you dont really get to take part in the celebration of what is the biggest day in Med. School. Is your husband on the Navy HPSP wiki group list?

RLG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results