shape
carat
color
clarity

)))Paging Rich((( - Requesting DiamCalc report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondDealHunter

Rough_Rock
I''ve noticed that you love using this toy and was wondering how my fiance''s stone would do, if you have the time. It is a Round Brilliant H&A.

Ct 1.146
Color H
Clarity SI1
Meas. 6.81 x 6.84 x 4.12 mm
Table 55%
Depth 60.5%
Crown Angle 34.2
Crown Pct 15.3%
Pavilion Angle 40.9
Pavilion Pct 42.9
Girdle 1.5% - 1.9%
Culet .6%

Hope thats all the info you need.

Thank You Very Much
Sergio

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes!

This is a traffic stopper, Sergio. Look at all that dark pink throughout the image. There's amazingly little light leakage. Where'd you get that beast?!

Light Return Mono…….....Very Good 1.01
Light Return Stereo……….Very Good 1.00
(Non) Leakage Mono……...Very Good 1.05
(Non) Leakage Stereo…….Very Good 1.05
Contrast………….......…....Very Good 0.95
(Non) Fisheye Effect……..Very Good 1.00

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The image shown has perfect symmetry, which is rare, and the star facet/lower girdle facet lengths may vary from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or when the Sarin data is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in indicating the major light performance aspects.
-----------

1.146 RBC.jpg

DiamondDealHunter

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot Rich...that animal is a Whiteflash Cut Above. Wow, that is pretty sweet. No wonder I keep looking at it and wondering if it is real.

Thanks again.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DiamondDealHunter-Wow That stone scores high in the HCA with a 1.1 -Excellent (TIC) Top scores in all categories with 1 vg for scintillation. For light return the highest score you can receive on the hca is a 0 which your stone does.

Just thought Id comment with your hca score-
Peace-
Josh RIoux
Sitka,Alaska

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's mine!
2.gif

Giangi

DiamondDealHunter

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/24/2003 7:46:13 AM Giangi wrote:

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's mine!
2.gif

Giangi
----------------

I want it too....but it's hers
cry.gif
. I have been using it to my advantage though, by threatening to make an earing out of it for myself. It's been working well. Thanks guys

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Rich--in the diamcalc image...the yellow on the edges of the stone, what is that? Is it better than the white leakage that many diamonds exhibit? It is considered a partial leakage as opposed to full? I've seen the yellow on a few other stones like that but never really quite knew what to make of it.

Gorgeous stone Sergio! Don't listen to Rich complain about his retinas...I think he has a few sets of exchangeable eyeballs. Hee.

BTW my SO also threatens to make my stone into a big pinky ring or earring as well to keep me on my best behavior. But now that I have it on my finger, he isn't getting it back! He had more leverage BEFORE I got the ring!
2.gif

I tell him he can now keep me 'in line' with the potential wedding ring which will be eternity style and not entirely cheap...so he has some good leverage for the next year or so until the wedding. He likes to tell me that if I am bad that I will get a plain gold band.
12.gif

scotch

Rough_Rock
Mara, Rich,

since this is a "A Cut Above" stone, it will actually not have those triangles around the girdle. As does 8star, ACA employs a trick that gives them a completely different look around the table. Of course, this will also change the DiamCalc results. Not for the worse though, I would guess. DiamCalc is unable to reproduce this, at least not without tweaking it a little.

Scotch

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for pointing that out, Scotch. I had forgotten about ACA's new line of "improved light return" stones. Here's their comments regarding it:

-----------
We have learned how we as cutters can play with the facets and angles to achieve the maximum desired results with these tools, such as high light return or little light leakage, and more so how it will affect the diamond's appearance. Which leads us to find a balance between the two extremes.

Along with this better understanding of diamond cut, we have developed a new generation of “A CUT ABOVE”, diamonds, focusing on a more even distribution of light return under the Ideal-Scope (no visible light leakage) while maintaining the consistent shape of our hearts as a guarantee of utmost cutting precision.
-----------

This is their promotional IdealScope sample image, along with a photo and hearts & arrow image:

acutabovenewline I.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results