shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Making the Grade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed in your other thread you had asked to see photos of somebody''s Tanzanite ring? I thought you might like to see some of mine.

Honestly, I know it''s a more fragile stone than others but if you wear it with care, you should be ok. I know this is not a great photo so if you want to see a close up of some of the better ones, let me know.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not in the main picture but this is an 8ct heart shape. Waaayyyyyyyyyy too big for a ring and I''m going to change it into a pendant at some point but the colour is just gorgeous on this one!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG LD! I need to go back and examine that picture more! Do you have threads on any of these lovelies?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wha! That's a lot of tanzanite!!
30.gif

Lovely collection, thanks for sharing! I'm going to go back and admire in detail now :)

I'd love to see pics of the emerald cut and cushion cut ones!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okey dokey - well there are a few cushion cuts so here are the nicer ones!

This one is 4.45ct plus diamonds on top of that.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is 2.75ct with diamonds on top.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooops - sorry about varying picture sizes - haven''t got the hang of that bit!!!

This one is smaller at 1.50ct plus diamonds.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure which Emerald cut you mean - this one?

Not a great Tanzanite but it''s pretty. This one is over 1ct but I can''t remember the exact weight.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:08:18 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

I love that you can see both the purple and blue, it''s gorgeous!

Do you wear these much? I ask because in the pendant v ring debate, I''m wondering how damaged it will really get as a ring.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just pretty and I like playing with it! At some point I''ll set it but it''s so big that I''m not sure I''d wear it!!! I''m including it so you can get a sense of scale for the different carat weights. This is 18.6ct

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:15:06 PM

Not a great Tanzanite but it's pretty. This one is over 1ct but I can't remember the exact weight.

Yup I mean that one!!
I'm really starting to find i'm most attracted to the ones that are in between the blue and purple.

And HOLY COW that's a big tanzanite! I would say "wow, you must really like tanzanites", but I seem to remember you have quite an extensive collection of other stones as well. You could make it into a ring like Teri Hatchers.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:16:41 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 9/29/2009 7:08:18 PM

I love that you can see both the purple and blue, it''s gorgeous!

Do you wear these much? I ask because in the pendant v ring debate, I''m wondering how damaged it will really get as a ring.
Yes I wear them. I love to wear them! I have rings (as you can see) and also pendants. However, I am careful! I''m not generally clumsy with rings.

My philosophy is that gemstones are for wearing and enjoying.

I should add that I learned a very valuable lesson many moons ago when I started collecting tanzanite because I wore a ring every day for over a year and sometimes (I can''t believe I''m confessing to this) wore it in the shower! I took absolutely NO care whatsoever. After 12-18 months, the tanzanite looked cloudy. Nothing I could do made it look better. A friend of mine who''s a gemmologist thought that it was probably water damage.
39.gif
7.gif
Lesson learned!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:19:45 PM

Date: 9/29/2009 7:15:06 PM

Not a great Tanzanite but it''s pretty. This one is over 1ct but I can''t remember the exact weight.

Yup I mean that one!!
I''m really starting to find i''m most attracted to the ones that are in between the blue and purple.

And HOLY COW that''s a big tanzanite! I would say ''wow, you must really like tanzanites'', but I seem to remember you have quite an extensive collection of other stones as well.
Most show both colours but in differing degrees. I believe that the bluer tanzanite is more prized but, like you, I like to see some purple. What I''ve found is that with a great Tanzanite you also get red and pink flashes!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a pic of Teri''s ginormous tanz ring :)

terry-hatcher1.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''ll probably like this one then ..... This is a Wobito cut snowflake. Again, not a great tanzanite but I bought this for the cut!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:26:06 PM
Here''s a pic of Teri''s ginormous tanz ring :)
Crikey! I''ve never seen that picture before! I wonder how many carats it is? 20?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:24:10 PM

Most show both colours but in differing degrees. I believe that the bluer tanzanite is more prized but, like you, I like to see some purple. What I''ve found is that with a great Tanzanite you also get red and pink flashes!!!

Yeah, I had heard how interesting the pleochromism is in tanzanite. Gene says the unheated ones show it more, so it should be interesting to see! Are any of yours unheated by any chance? And if so, is the pleochromism more visible in them?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:26:29 PM
You''ll probably like this one then ..... This is a Wobito cut snowflake. Again, not a great tanzanite but I bought this for the cut!

That is just STUNNING! Totally a work of art, I can see why you bought it! May I ask who cut that?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops..wrong thread.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gosh what a gorgeous collection.
30.gif
You truly are a true tanzanite lover. I loved tanzanite alot until I sheered off the top of one of my tanzanite rings.
7.gif
The Wobito pendant is just gorgeous. I have a friend who has a few Wobito stones! They are out of Canada. I don''t have the link off hand though.....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 7:29:55 PM

Date: 9/29/2009 7:26:29 PM
You'll probably like this one then ..... This is a Wobito cut snowflake. Again, not a great tanzanite but I bought this for the cut!

That is just STUNNING! Totally a work of art, I can see why you bought it! May I ask who cut that?
The Wobito brothers cut it. If you do a search you'll find them easily! Have got to go to bed now otherwise I'd do it for you. They also facet diamonds in the same cut!!!!

Yes I have unheated and heated. In all honesty I don't see the difference in pleochroism/trichroism. However, I mainly collect unheated pinks, yellows and green tanzanites rather than the unheated blue.

Ok, my bed's calling. I'll check in tomorrow so if you want to see more piccies or ask questions I'll do my best then.

x

Edit: Here you go: http://www.wobito.com/

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love tanzanite as well, but I can''t afford the nicer ones. Most of mine is the lighter lavender color, close to the top 2 stones on your pinky finger. I don''t have anything like the rich, deep indigo that most of yours are.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
I like the heart and the large unset tanzanite on your hand. The colour is so rich without being overly dark. Beautiful stones.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for all the help (and pics) LD! Hehe, would love to see what you do with that huge tanz if you decide to set it!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
LOVINGDIAMONDS, my goodness, you're doing me in with your fantabulous collection!!!
30.gif
More pictures, please
9.gif
You just cured my "maybe-I-should-get-another-hobby-I-have-so-many-pieces-already" anxiety
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you. Enabler. Now I have to go send a few mails
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 5:54:15 AM
Author: mariedtiger
LOVINGDIAMONDS, my goodness, you''re doing me in with your fantabulous collection!!!
30.gif
More pictures, please
9.gif
You just cured my ''maybe-I-should-get-another-hobby-I-have-so-many-pieces-already'' anxiety
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you.
My thoughts, exactly, mariedtiger. Awesome collection, LD!
30.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 9:27:01 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Date: 9/30/2009 5:54:15 AM

Author: mariedtiger

LOVINGDIAMONDS, my goodness, you''re doing me in with your fantabulous collection!!!
30.gif
More pictures, please
9.gif
You just cured my ''maybe-I-should-get-another-hobby-I-have-so-many-pieces-already'' anxiety
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you.
My thoughts, exactly, mariedtiger. Awesome collection, LD!
30.gif

FlyGirl;
9.gif

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Loving diamonds, such a great collection. Thanks for the closeups of the rings. I really want a tanzanite pendant one day but I have yet to find one that is better priced with that blue violet color.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that''s a STUNNING collection. And I can see why you bought some stones just for the cuts! TFS
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results