shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging LovingDiamonds

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Did you get your Royal Jewellers semi-mount yet?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No sorry. I only ordered it last week and I'm having it modified so I don't think it'll be here for a week or two. It hasn't even been shipped yet. *taps fingers in anticipation"

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I emailed Royal Jeweller last night and apparently it's already been shipped! :-o So, hopefully it'll be here next week. Will let you know!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awesome! Thank you!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crikey - it's already in the UK! It'll either be delivered tomorrow (hopeful) or Tuesday (more likely)!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awesome!!! Which one did you get?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I've had that many modifications that if I show you what I've bought you'll think I'm mad. So, I'm going to wait until it arrives and then I'll post the auction photo, what I wanted and what I get! That way you'll be able to judge if he's done a good/bad job. I'm a bit worried to be honest because the original auction photo was yuck but we'll see!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah, their photos kinda blow, don't they? I'm still thinking I'm going to go with them, but I really am waiting for your review.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bump :D

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Online tracking says delivery will be tomorrow so I'll update at some point this week (dependent on delivery etc)! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I may just go ahead and bite the bullet on the setting I'm oogling. I just got my Lanbo setting from ebay. To me it's delicate, but some people's delicate is another person's flimsy.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok - well it was delivered today.

I asked for the ring to be in white gold (the auction was for yellow gold), to upgrade to VS diamonds and for the shank to be modified to fit my stone.

The good news is that it has been modified to fit my stone and is the right size.

The bad news is that it is in yellow gold and it most definitely doesn't contain VS diamonds. They are sparkly enough but they are included (despite being small) so not what I would call VS at all.

I've contacted them and said I'm going to return, expect a full refund and also expect NOT to have the $40 modification fee deducted as this is their fault. I'm waiting for their reply.

It's such a shame as initial discussions with them were very hopeful. :((

Hope that helps with your decision.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Crap. Yeah, it makes me definitely not want to use them.

Thank you so much for the info. I'm sorry it turned out so sucky for you.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries. I'm disappointed but in all honesty didn't hold out much hope. You never know though, some things you have no confidence in sometimes turn out brilliantly - just not in this case!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Sorry for your problems with RJ. How disappointing. :((

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hoped they would be good TL - it would have been great to have another semi-mount seller to recommend.

After reading the other thread on Diamondmounts I'm wondering whether Royal Jewellers are affiliated. I asked him direct if he had any other Ebay stores and he didn't answer - so who knows!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results