shape
carat
color
clarity

***Paging Kismet***

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kismet, I adore your garnet and diamond three-stone tenth anniversary ring
30.gif
... in particular, the proportions between the center stone and the sides is dreamy. I wonder if you can tell me the ct. weight of the diamonds? I have an oval sapphire (or will very soon!) that I am thinking of setting E-W into a three stone setting with rounds and I would like to try to get a similar proportion to your ring. My sapphire is much smaller, though, so I would basically scale the diamonds down to keep the proportions similar to the center...

Thanks in advance, hope you see this!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! My demantoid is roughly 8x6mm and the sides are 3.9 x 2.9 (.26 total carat weight). Good luck on your project.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kismet! So those are ovals not rounds?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just did the math and that would be a .07ct stone with my saphhire... a little small me thinks! Back to the drawing board!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Yup, they''re all ovals. I don''t have a really good profile shot but you can see here that they''re set rather steeply.
kiz-lmdemantoid1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I love your ring! But my stone being only 6.7 * 5.3 probably won''t work
39.gif
Leon used side stone roughly half the length and width, which would be only 3.3 * 2.6 for me... that is a teensy tiny oval!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results