shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Elle Chris

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Are we still on for you-know-what? If so, let''s see if the mods can help us out. Oh, and I need how-to-deal-with-your-mother lessons too.
9.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2008 7:55:56 PM
Author:Harriet
Hi,

Are we still on for you-know-what? If so, let''s see if the mods can help us out. Oh, and I need how-to-deal-with-your-mother lessons too.
9.gif
yes, just need to know day/time. on the mom lessons, i still haven''t mastered it. BUT, i have learned some tricks..lol

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2008 10:53:45 PM
Author: elle_chris

Hi,

9.gif
yes, just need to know day/time. on the mom lessons, i still haven''t mastered it. BUT, i have learned some tricks..lol
Could I possibly nudge/encourage you guys to talk about scheduling another get together for us local/sort of local gals. I know the one planned for last November didn''t have a great response. Maybe now that the busiest time of the year has passed, we could try it again.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hi,

9.gif
My schedule is wide open. Any interest at brekkie at Balthazar?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 3:12:57 PM
Author: gemgirl
Could I possibly nudge/encourage you guys to talk about scheduling another get together for us local/sort of local gals. I know the one planned for last November didn''t have a great response. Maybe now that the busiest time of the year has passed, we could try it again.
Of course. Can you ask?
9.gif
I''ve asked too many times.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 3:48:36 PM
Author: Harriet

Hi,

Are we still on for you-know-what? If so, let's see if the mods can help us out. Oh, and I need how-to-deal-with-your-mother lessons too.
9.gif
yes, just need to know day/time. on the mom lessons, i still haven't mastered it. BUT, i have learned some tricks..lol
Harriet- sorry, I haven't got back to this thread sooner but we had lunch at Old Homestead yesterday and my stomach's been acting up since. Trying to get an appointment with my doctor but he's on vacation until the 5th. Lesson learned. Red meat and ulcers are a big no-no.
Balthazar sounds great. I'll message the mods and see if he'll do the honor of sending me your email :)

Gemgirl- a nyc get together sounds like a ton of fun, but I'm terrible at starting those types of threads. Perhaps you or Harriet (yet again) can do one?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries. Are you feeling better now? I''ve messaged the mods.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2009 5:59:31 PM

Date: 1/1/2009 3:48:36 PM

Hi,

9.gif
Harriet- sorry, I haven''t got back to this thread sooner but we had lunch at Old Homestead yesterday and my stomach''s been acting up since. Trying to get an appointment with my doctor but he''s on vacation until the 5th. Lesson learned. Red meat and ulcers are a big no-no.
Balthazar sounds great. I''ll message the mods and see if he''ll do the honor of sending me your email :)

Gemgirl- a nyc get together sounds like a ton of fun, but I''m terrible at starting those types of threads. Perhaps you or Harriet (yet again) can do one?
It''s OK, I''ll start a thread. I''ve been under the weather since Thursday night. I have a touch of the stomach bug that''s going around and I''m feeling like poo! I have no energy.

elle, I battled H. Pylori and chronic gastritis all year last year. After three rounds of antibiotics, I''m finally better but you have to be very selective about what you eat because almost anything can be irritating and abrasive to a raw stomach. It''s a real pain in the ......

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet- I also emailed the mods yesterday. I'm finally starting to feel better today but last night was a nightmare yet again.

Gemgirl- I have three ulcers, one of which was bleeding (but that stopped). Antibiotcs won't help me as there's too much acid in my stomach and that's what's causing them. Was on meds for 3 months over the summer. The pain went away, I was fine.
Last month it slowly started again until new years day when i had the meat that i think caused the terrible relapse. I couldn't keep anything down for the last two days and the stomach cramps were unreal. You know how when something starts to hurt so much you just kinda get weak and light headed? That's what happened last night and i just fell asleep early, tired from the pain. My Doctor is amazing though and he's back in the office Monday. Am calling early to get an immediate appointment.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. Incidentally, I think this thread is infectious. I''ve come down with a cold or the flu.
14.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 3:43:04 PM
Thanks, ladies. Incidentally, I think this thread is infectious. I've come down with a cold or the flu.
14.gif
aww lol..Hopefully it's just a cold, NOT the flu.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Silly me forgot to get the flu shot. Are you feeling better today?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
yes, much better thanks. been taking antacids like crazy but hey, whatever works
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 4:50:21 PM
yes, much better thanks. been taking antacids like crazy but hey, whatever works
9.gif
Unequivocally. That''s why I''m having cake now.
9.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
cake mmm.. lucky! can''t touch anything except for dry toast. I''d prefer a piece of cake!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry. Let''s hope your Dr. gets you in asap. Then we can hit Balthazar''s.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2009 3:00:12 PM
Hi Harriet- I also emailed the mods yesterday. I''m finally starting to feel better today but last night was a nightmare yet again.

Gemgirl- I have three ulcers, one of which was bleeding (but that stopped). Antibiotcs won''t help me as there''s too much acid in my stomach and that''s what''s causing them. Was on meds for 3 months over the summer. The pain went away, I was fine.
Last month it slowly started again until new years day when i had the meat that i think caused the terrible relapse. I couldn''t keep anything down for the last two days and the stomach cramps were unreal. You know how when something starts to hurt so much you just kinda get weak and light headed? That''s what happened last night and i just fell asleep early, tired from the pain. My Doctor is amazing though and he''s back in the office Monday. Am calling early to get an immediate appointment.
I used to have ulcers elle, now it''s just chronic inflammatory gastritis which basically means that most of my stomach is chronically inflammed. If I eat the wrong thing? Well, let''s just say it''s not worth it and I learned my lesson the hard way. I went for six weeks at a time last year not being able to eat much of anything. I developed a real love of egg matzos. I still like them a lot and I keep them in the house all the time. Even dry or with a cup of tea, they still taste good plain.

I tried all the proton pump inhibitors (I have the excess acid problem too) and finally settled on one that helps but..... I have to take it twice a day or else I''m in pain and very nauseous. I hope your doctor can find the right meds for you. The newest one is Protonix but it didn''t agree with me. Maybe it will help you.

Feel better soon!

Harriet, it''s going around this flu bug thing.... Every winter...... you feel better too!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I''m tempted to go for a swim, but I''m not sure if it''s a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results