shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Danny&Terry (D&T)! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Hi D&T!

I saw that you aren''t keeping your WF Keystone setting. I''m so sorry! Whiteflash just recieved my diamond today to set in the Keystone setting in palladium. Can I ask what you did not like about it? What would you change about it? I''m a little worried that since you didn''t like it, that there''s something wrong with it that I won''t be able to see until I have it. Also, I was planning on getting the "Danielle" bezel band and I read on Dreamer''s thread that it''s not a good match either?

Thanks so much!!

Carrie

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carrie- I think the width of the band on the keystone is just a little too wide for the bezel 1 pointer, but for some reason when I read the width on the website I didn''t think it was too big of a difference, but as you can see from my set, it does get a little lost. I do love the semi bezel look on the diamond though, maybe the shank needs to be thinned out for the 1 pointer or see if you can go slightly wider.. probably no more than 3 pointers on the bezel band. does that help? I"ve gotten quotes for 3 pointers as well. but now I''m all over the place... whether I might just end up with a three stone look? or just get my band thinned out.. also on the underside of the keystone,,, it is hollowed out so not sure if that mattered to you... and I think can''t remember what size of diamond you had? I might even consider a Euro shank... i know theres lots of things to think about...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is a picture so you don''t have to go through my post for it
1.gif

kcoloreringterry0911.JPG

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ok, that does make sense. What do you mean it''s hallowed out on the underside? I''m trying to picture what you are describing... do you mean underneath where the cutlet is, there''s no metal? My diamond is a 1.33 round, but i''m not sure what that equates too width wise for the setting.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also let me try to take some more picture later tonight so you can have a better idea.. I do love the bezel head, so I''m just torn, I have it still until I figure out what exactly I''m missing on the ring. just remember there is a gap between the ering and wb .

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 5:37:50 PM
Author: D&T
Also let me try to take some more picture later tonight so you can have a better idea.. I do love the bezel head, so I''m just torn, I have it still until I figure out what exactly I''m missing on the ring. just remember there is a gap between the ering and wb .
Thanks so much! Bob at WF did tell me that no band would sit flush with it. What setting do you think you''ll go with instead? The Endless Love and True Love settings are thinner shanks with a bezel head! Do you think the bezel head makes you diamond appear larger?

Personally, I love three stone settings! I had a three stone princess trellis setting and it was gorgeous! You definitley get finger coverage with a three stone
3.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2009 5:34:30 PM
Author: february2003bride
Ok, that does make sense. What do you mean it''s hallowed out on the underside? I''m trying to picture what you are describing... do you mean underneath where the cutlet is, there''s no metal? My diamond is a 1.33 round, but i''m not sure what that equates too width wise for the setting.
not sure if you can see from the underneath slightly, on the underside of the shank - the gold is hallowed out- dont think its the correct term to use? . you can''t see the cutlet as it is set down in the doughnut and I was fine with that as I wanted my diamond to be set as low as possible and this setting worked for that. but stay tuned... I promise to return with more pictures... within the next few hours, so you can decide if this is something that will work for you, so you don''t have end up like me changing my setting every couple of months

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here they are.. your diamond is quite larger than mine, so if you got a 1 pointer, it definite makes your solitaire POP more

04.26.09 00111.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...whew..sorry for the hairy fingers..
14.gif

04.26.09 00113.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and another view

04.26.09 0011211.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and last. some perspective of the ring

04.26.09 01104.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope these pictures help you decide. I do like the keystone setting, just the width I''m not sure of?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
D&T- Thank you! Thank you! The setting really is beautiful. Personally, I think the bezel ring looks fab! I was thinking of eventually having two of them, either to have one on each side or stack them together. For right now I''m going to pair it up with a 2mm comfort fit flat band from e-weddingbands. How big is your diamond? It looks huge on your finger! Can WF shave down the width a little bit?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2009 7:56:40 PM
D&T- Thank you! Thank you! The setting really is beautiful. Personally, I think the bezel ring looks fab! I was thinking of eventually having two of them, either to have one on each side or stack them together. For right now I''m going to pair it up with a 2mm comfort fit flat band from e-weddingbands. How big is your diamond? It looks huge on your finger! Can WF shave down the width a little bit?
I thought about this too! lol .. diamond is 1.21 on size 4.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
D&T, I am surprised that you are going to change your setting, I think your setting looks so pretty on you, to me it really suits your hand well.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2009 8:01:39 PM

I think this would be *PERFECT* with the ering in the center, however, i have to say to D&T, i really like this combo as it is - it''s beautiful!

and feb2003bride, i can''t wait to see your pics!!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 8:01:39 PM

Between the bezel and your small finger, your diamond looks easily a 1.75!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
D&T - I''m sorry to hear that you''re not happy with your current setting.
8.gif
I think it looks fab! What''s the mm width on the keystone? My ering is 2.5mm, and with the 2.3mm bezel band, I think it compliments it nicely. I can see how it could be overwhelmed by a larger band though. I''ve also got the .75 center stone, and one of the things I love about the bezel band is that it doesn''t compete.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hi D&T- First I want to say that I love that semi along with the bezel band. I think they look fab!

But, i understand what you''re saying about feeling that the band gets lost. I also have a semi that''s a little wider where it meets the stone and when I wear it with a plain wedding band, the wedding band gets lost.
What I''ve done to remedy this is to stack a very thin knife edge band between the two. It seperates them enough so that the wedding band can hold it''s own. Have you tried that?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
February If you like the Keystone and want a bezel, I suggest you contact WF and BGD for quotes on the Adwar 3pt bezel band (it comes in 3/4 with milgrain and full eternity without milgrain)--Adwar isa casting company that actually makes the setting for the 1pt bezel band. It is only ~$400 more for the larger carat weight band, and I think that extra heft would look great with the size of your diamond and also the thickness of your band. A posted named Rockpile got the 3/4 band with diamonds and rubies and wears it with her 1.5ct solitaire. So that would give you perspective on how it would look with your ring.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh you guys are way too nice... thanks for the support,
36.gif
I know I''m all over the place...I''m keeping the ering for a little while longer until I figured what it is that I''m longing for, my first ering was kinda a three stone albeit small sides if 10 pointers and a 40 point center, so i really didn''t think I miss the look because i upgraded to a whopping big solitaire for me anyways, but now
33.gif
i got a couple of side stones quote from BGD so when i get some pics and specs i''ll be asking for your input in RT
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results