shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging arjunajane

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
hi there AJ
35.gif

I might be wrong, but I think it may have been you, to post a ring a fair while back now...

Silver shank I think, with a stone set in a bezel on top...from etsy very likely.

The shank was highly engraved, and may have been slightly oxidized?

Ring any bells?

ahhh scuse the pun - not intentional, but I'll leave it in!!

1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Heya Wendy, how are you?

I have a feeling you mean like this?

If so, these are indeed from an Etsy seller, McFarland designs
shop link here

unfortunately, prices have become abit rich for my blood lately
40.gif

But still very lovely and creative.

I believe Tamara is the woman who runs it, she is good to chat to.

Is that the one?

mcf cab ring.jpg

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
hey AJ!

I'm good - and you? all good I hope!

You have some stunning new pieces coming your way don't you - the new three stone that Julia has made, is absolutely gorgeous...I'm green!

The key is cute too! I'd like to get a couple made, for my girl family members, perhaps put some initials or their birthstone, as you had the diamond, on the bale - lovely touch.

oh yeas - where were we! Engraved shanks!

That is the exact ring - well done!

I've seen others, but the one you posted was evading me, I remember it being more substantial than others I saw of late. I like it - I'm really liking cabs, engraving...plain, organic...oldie worldie...

Has pave and the matchy matchy ring set had its day do you think?!!
31.gif

Thank you for the link and digging it out for me.

1.gif

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm!

You are right about the prices...not inexpensive are they...?

<---more etsy browsing!

1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 9:46:30 AM
Author: pwendyp
hey AJ!

I''m good - and you? all good I hope!

You have some stunning new pieces coming your way don''t you - the new three stone that Julia has made, is absolutely gorgeous...I''m green!

The key is cute too! I''d like to get a couple made, for my girl family members, perhaps put some initials or their birthstone, as you had the diamond, on the bale - lovely touch.

oh yeas - where were we! Engraved shanks!

That is the exact ring - well done!

I''ve seen others, but the one you posted was evading me, I remember it being more substantial than others I saw of late. I like it - I''m really liking cabs, engraving...plain, organic...oldie worldie...

Has pave and the matchy matchy ring set had its day do you think?!!
31.gif

Thank you for the link and digging it out for me.

1.gif

Hi again Wendy
35.gif

I''m really well actually. I go back to uni for second semester today (on my b''day though
7.gif
lol), and hopefully will start a new job within a couple weeks.

Yes, I''m very excited about the new Julia pieces heading my way.
I think the keys, with birth or favourite gemstones, as gifts are a great idea - I know I will likely be ordering a second one before too long - but all for me, mua ha ha ha
9.gif

For my own tastes at least, pave and matchy matchy has never been my thing - so yes, this event of etsy and it''s creative folks, as well the old-world techniques becoming popular again is a great thing for my tastes!

Yeah, it''s a shame about Tamara''s pricing - I''m just not sure whether it''s worth it.
Plus, I noticed the prices shot up after she got some press on PS. May be a coincidence of course, but I don''t really like when that happens..
2.gif

Julia has made some lovely Cab rings - perhaps you can ask is she is also skilled in engraving? Her prices are *heaps* more friendly.

Good luck
1.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, prices have definitely doubled and increased since more and more people from PS has frequented and bought more and more items. I told my bf how angry I was that the prices were so high now and he told me I''m just mad because I didn''t buy anything before the prices went up!
38.gif
Doh!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 1:29:49 AM
Author: Elegant
Yeah, prices have definitely doubled and increased since more and more people from PS has frequented and bought more and more items. I told my bf how angry I was that the prices were so high now and he told me I''m just mad because I didn''t buy anything before the prices went up!
38.gif
Doh!

ha ha...I can see bf''s point!
Elegant, are you referring to this vendor or other ones too?

Yeah, I didn''t agree with it when the Chinese ebay sellers started doing so, and
I did notice it with the above designer too.

Others etsy''ers- not so much (eg. Sally has stayed consitent), but than again I haven''t been shopping as much.

I guess we could give benefit of doubt as metal prices have increased too..but within reason
2.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 2:33:28 AM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 7/27/2009 1:29:49 AM

38.gif
Doh!
ha ha...I can see bf''s point!
Elegant, are you referring to this vendor or other ones too?
Yeah, I didn''t agree with it when the Chinese ebay sellers started doing so, and
I did notice it with the above designer too.
Others etsy''ers- not so much (eg. Sally has stayed consitent), but than again I haven''t been shopping as much.
I guess we could give benefit of doubt as metal prices have increased too..but within reason
2.gif
I am referring, mostly, to onegarnetgirl...I had my eye on several pieces and noticed that those particular pieces have doubled in price, and some at least $50 more...disappointed. They were affordable before, and now its pushing it, you know?

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Hey AJ!
I''m sure I am missing it and I have been searching for good 30 minutes - may I please ask you what your ring size is please? Thanks!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 9:12:45 PM
Hey AJ!

I''m sure I am missing it and I have been searching for good 30 minutes - may I please ask you what your ring size is please? Thanks!

Hi Elegant,
of course! Left ring finger, 4.75 - 5 depending.
Right ring finger, 6 to 6.5 depending.
Yes, I''m a weirdo with my right hand a whole size more than my left, lol..
May I enquire why?

Oh, and yes I agree with you about onegarnetgril.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would participate in this thread to say that I own pieces from Sally, Onegarnetgirl and McFarland Desgins and I would buy from Sally again. In my opinion her pieces are the most consistent and most skillfully made. I would pay more than I did for them, whereas I wouldn''t for the pieces from the other vendors. Having said that, I was happy with what I got for the price I got it.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 4:49:07 AM
Author: mariedtiger
I thought I would participate in this thread to say that I own pieces from Sally, Onegarnetgirl and McFarland Desgins and I would buy from Sally again. In my opinion her pieces are the most consistent and most skillfully made. I would pay more than I did for them, whereas I wouldn''t for the pieces from the other vendors. Having said that, I was happy with what I got for the price I got it.
1.gif

Hello tiger,
thanks for your thoughts, that sounds to make sense to me. Out of those ones I only have pieces from Sally - but I agree her prices for the quality and service are very good
(and consistent!).

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 12:28:24 AM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 8/1/2009 9:12:45 PM
Hey AJ!

Hi Elegant,
of course! Left ring finger, 4.75 - 5 depending.
Right ring finger, 6 to 6.5 depending.
Yes, I''m a weirdo with my right hand a whole size more than my left, lol..
May I enquire why?
Oh, and yes I agree with you about onegarnetgril.
Thank you!
I am trying to look at sizes of stones in comparison with finger size. Thanks!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 4:49:07 AM
Author: mariedtiger
1.gif
That''s good to know, thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results