shape
carat
color
clarity

"Padparadscha" spinel and "leuco" garnet

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally got the spinel from MCG set, it's a pretty little thing and I think the setting suites it well. Also pics of a very pale, nearly leuco garnet cut by Peter Torraca, set in a simple silver setting that I just got back from the jeweler for resizing (belonged to a prior PSer). I might reset it someday since I don't often wear it these days since it has a chip on one of the facets.

Spinel first :) It has a wonderful saturation which is hard to capture, but more than makes up for the inclusions.

img_9291.jpg

img_9292.jpg

img_9304.jpg

img_9306.jpg

img_9312.jpg

img_9314.jpg

img_9315.jpg

img_9317.jpg

last of the spinel shots, the last two are indoors in incandescent light. It looks nicer in person, you'll just have to trust me, lol.

img_9320.jpg

img_9366.jpg

img_9369.jpg

Grossular garnet time :) My jeweler thought the stone was quite neat, says she's never seen a coloress garnet before.

img_9327.jpg

img_9340.jpg

img_9345.jpg

img_9346.jpg

Man it's hard to capture windmills!

img_9351.jpg

img_9353.jpg

img_9355.jpg

img_9356.jpg

Last ones, thanks for looking!

img_9357.jpg

img_9358.jpg

VERY nice!!! I love both of them!! May be a tad more partial to the garnet tho--- loving the asscher cut in that setting!!! :appl:

(oh! and is someone doing 'the finger tuck'??? :Up_to_something: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bah hahaha, the finger tuck is cause it's a little loose on my left hand! And it's top heavy so it doesn't sit still or photos. :P

^^^^^

:naughty: :wink2:

I love the colorless garnet asscher!

Re: "Padparadscha" spinel and "leuco" garnet

Very pretty.

jstarfireb|1346119879|3258267 said:
I love the colorless garnet asscher!
I knew you would!

I love how as the garnet tilts you can see slivers of green in the windmills!

yanaazul|1346123903|3258302 said:
I love how as the garnet tilts you can see slivers of green in the windmills!

Yeah, you can detect a hint of green at certain angles which is fun, it's my first asscher, it's growing on me. ;)

I like the spinel, such an interesting color and a very delicate setting!

Arkteia|1346229058|3259018 said:
I like the spinel, such an interesting color and a very delicate setting!

Thanks!
I just got a few new rings at once, so I still haven't really worn it much, but I do love it.

Very nice both of them. I love that colored gems give us a chance to express our moods. I see your spinel and think spring or summer and with your garnet I think winter. Either way you must enjoy them very much.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP