shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha Sapphire Search Round 2

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce I just want to check in with you; do you see any violet modifiers? Feedback would be very appreciated~
If you are seeing a purple/violet lean in the pink to your naked eye at times, does your camera accentuate it?

I think it’s lovely from what I see :)

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! You really scored with this one!

Did you mention who the vendor is?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I see pink with an peachy tone. If it leans peachy, I think it is very unlikely to have blue or purple modifiers. It’s basically like warm and cool colours in makeup.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I personally don't see violet modifiers from the photos you've shared. That doesn't mean there couldn't be modifiers in person. It's also about how well certain colors are picked up by the particular camera you use.

After looking more closely, I've decided there are no violet modifers, and I'd just staredat tge pad for waaay too long lol.

Wow - it is really lovely to my eyes. I think you found a keeper!

Thank you!

It's such a sparkler too!
:shock: You better be keeping this. It's fantabulous.
I mean, really!!
I believe I will be! :D

If you are seeing a purple/violet lean in the pink to your naked eye at times, does your camera accentuate it?

I think it’s lovely from what I see :)

After looking at it with fresh eyes, I've decided it's not there lol. I see soft pink with a strong orange shift and a wonderful spatkle/sheen even in low light :D

I love it! You really scored with this one!

Did you mention who the vendor is?

Thank you! I worked with Karina (thegemcollector) who also sourced my ering sapphire.

I see pink with an peachy tone. If it leans peachy, I think it is very unlikely to have blue or purple modifiers. It’s basically like warm and cool colours in makeup.

I think it's pink wih tangerine orange irl! A more delicate orange shift than my current one imo.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo I looked closely and um, there's a feather? Fissure? Right underneath the table. I've decided to pass since clarity is a huuuge priority for me this time.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Silk in sapphires like this is extremely common. To get a loupe clean pad of this colour is off the scale rare. And expensive. Eye clean is extremely good clarity for this kind of stone. But it’s your call.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Silk in sapphires like this is extremely common. To get a loupe clean pad of this colour is off the scale rare. And expensive. Eye clean is extremely good clarity for this kind of stone. But it’s your call.

While I respect your choice, this pad looks absolutely top tier to me. I hope you find what you’re looking for!

I've already talked over budget with my bf, and he's fairly flexible on budget this time and can go up since it's for a wedding necklace :) Plus now that I'm looking at it more closely, I think it's a feather and not silk, which is more worrisome to me imo.

yaygems

Rough_Rock
I've already talked over budget with my bf, and he's fairly flexible on budget this time and can go up since it's for a wedding necklace :) Plus now that I'm looking at it more closely, I think it's a feather and not silk, which is more worrisome to me imo.

Oh really? Do you have a close up of the feather? I can't see it! Also in some of the photos it looks quite pale that I almost think it just looks like a pale pink sapphire but then in other photos it looks more saturated with orange tones, it's hard to tell. How much were they asking for?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Oh really? Do you have a close up of the feather? I can't see it! Also in some of the photos it looks quite pale that I almost think it just looks like a pale pink sapphire but then in other photos it looks more saturated with orange tones, it's hard to tell. How much were they asking for?

IMG_20210305_081448.jpg

It's over here, and it's definitely not just a lighting thing lol- I checkdd in mutiple lighting settings.

Ideally, I want a color like my current one, maybe even more intense:

IMG_20201118_094342.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I wouldn't buy due to the barn door window. Pretty color, though.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I’m skeptical on the color. Lighting of the stone, base, and fingers looks blown out. Also, windowwwww

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, that window! *Scoots away* huge windows like that bother me way more than a feather. Another thought is that that particular shade of such a saturated orange 1) doesn't have enough pink for me to consider that a pad, and 2) makes me think of beryllium diffused sapphires regardless of whether the particular stone is diffused or natural. The shade just reminds me of beryllium diffused colors.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
What @voce said.

The one you have is way better.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Are any of the pads in this set standing out to you guys?

I'm personally leaning towards the first 2, but would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

voce

Ideal_Rock

I'm personally leaning towards the first 2, but would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

I'm not liking the windows of the second and third. Prefer the first and last, but my thought is that the last one is too pink to match your ring. So I'd only consider the first one shown.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not liking the windows of the second and third. Prefer the first and last, but my thought is that the last one is too pink to match your ring. So I'd only consider the first one shown.

Do you see any clarity issues in the first one? I asked about that, awaiting a vendor response, but I'd like to know your thoughts as well since the seller is asking USD9900 for that one.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock

The vendor's bright sunlight pic

voce

Ideal_Rock
I don't see any clarity issues face up. There is a window here as well, but much smaller and more tolerable. I think the color would look lovely against your skin :).

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see any clarity issues face up. There is a window here as well, but much smaller and more tolerable. I think the color would look lovely against your skin :).

Thank you! I'm asking for more pics in the meantime, but that's great to hear :)

Just wondering, but are there any PS-ers located in Thailand?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
1615015070056.png

Direct sunlight pic; what do u guys all think? I think the color is quite nice actually! And once it's set, it should deepen?

yaygems

Rough_Rock

I like the first and last one. The last onehas a beautiful cut. It does look more pink in that lighting, but it could just be the photo. Definitely more photos needed.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

Of this set, I would only like the last one. For what you’re paying, I really wouldn’t want a windowed stone. No matter how nice the color, you’ll have a dark and non-sparkly center.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
If you're looking at stones over 3ct then what about the very first one you posted? That is 3.60ct right? And beautiful cut and colour.

It sold while I was waiting for more pics :(

Peacechick, I'll think about the window? @Ionysis do you thunk it might close up upon setting?

yaygems

Rough_Rock
Do you care about the shape at all? I found this stone which has a beautiful colour. Not sure on the clarity and I haven't asked if it's sold or not or the price lol.

yaygems

Rough_Rock
Also I found this page, haven't bought from them before but there's some really nice pads that have sold so maybe they can find you one similar?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results