shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha ring setting ideas?

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
When my pad ring was in the old "Princess Diana" style cluster yellow gold setting, I thought the stone was slightly too orange. So when I had it reset, I asked for rose gold for the basket and platinum for the halo. Beaudry put a very pretty plate in rose gold under the stone. I am not completely happy with the results because under some lighting conditions, the stone picked up a tinge of brown that was not there before. I am actually considering removing the plate under the stone. Pad sapphires come in a big range of pink to orange. My ideal color is peachy pink. For stones that are on the pink side and you want to see more orange, I would set the stone in yellow gold. If it is too orange, I would try rose gold, but check to make sure you don't see brown. If it is a perfect mix of pink and orange, I would use platinum or white gold.

AN

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this thread is back from the dead! Art Nouveau, thanks for the insight. I will probably take my peach sapphire and set it in a rose gold cup with a rose gold halo.

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Art Nouveau said:
When my pad ring was in the old "Princess Diana" style cluster yellow gold setting, I thought the stone was slightly too orange. So when I had it reset, I asked for rose gold for the basket and platinum for the halo. Beaudry put a very pretty plate in rose gold under the stone. I am not completely happy with the results because under some lighting conditions, the stone picked up a tinge of brown that was not there before. I am actually considering removing the plate under the stone. Pad sapphires come in a big range of pink to orange. My ideal color is peachy pink. For stones that are on the pink side and you want to see more orange, I would set the stone in yellow gold. If it is too orange, I would try rose gold, but check to make sure you don't see brown. If it is a perfect mix of pink and orange, I would use platinum or white gold.

AN

Thank you so much for this!

I have attached a (rather blurry phone) photo of a pad my hubby picked up for me, but the color is as accurate as I could see from the other snaps I took. (Depending on the light it looked either more orangy or coral pink). Apologies for the quality of the photo and the stone is a bit dirty. I'm really new to colored stones and was wondering if a rose gold setting would wash out the orange in it?

_15694.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chumly,
I suggest bringing the stone to a jewellery store that carries both yellow and rose gold settings. Plunk the sapphire atop each setting to see which metal colour suits the stone best.

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1394541441|3631649 said:
Chumly,
I suggest bringing the stone to a jewellery store that carries both yellow and rose gold settings. Plunk the sapphire atop each setting to see which metal colour suits the stone best.

This makes total sense Chrono. Thanks! =)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see more photos of your beautiful sapphire, chumleygirl! Its not often that someone graces us with photos of padparadschas :))

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is gorgeous! More pictures please!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
That is fantastic colour for a pad in my opinion . I love it!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful color that is! If you can bear to take more photos, we'd LOVE to see them! :love: You have a GREAT husband!

--- Laurie

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much everybody :) The rest of the blurry low res snaps from my phone. Still grimy from my fingers.

I'll try to get some better shots and clean it, but I can't seem to negotiate the heavy camera and the tweezers without flipping the pad across the room. :rolleyes:

6.9x8.8mm The color shows more pink sometimes and other times more orange.

_15732.jpg

_15733.jpg

_15734.jpg

_15735.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, and HUGE! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lucky lady, enjoy it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting stone and thank you for the pictures. We haven't seen any decent looking padparadschas in CS for a while and I would love to see more of yours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results