shape
carat
color
clarity

Pad ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
What constitues the term " Genuine Padparadscha" ? In my searching I have seen the term used for stones originating in at least 3 places so far, so I am guessing it is not an origination term. I have also seen a fair color range although the central theme seems to be that lovely peachy orangeish pink, but I have seen almost pink and almost red listed as "padparadscha" The one common factor seems to be price- if it has Pad in the stone id the price skyrockets

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I believe the term 'padparadscha' refers to the colour of a particular lotus flower...not sure how reputable THIS WEBSITE is, but it is where I got the picture
9.gif

lotus_sunset.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Padparadscha is the sanskrit word for 'Lotus Flower'. The precise shade is a much debated issue - basically there must be pink and there must be orange, but the precise proportions of each are difficult to pin down.

I agree that a wide range of colours seem to described as pad.

Personally I prefer the pinkish orange rather then the orangish pink, as I'm more of an orange person than a pink person.

I think these are good examples of the 'true' colour for pads:

U_14550.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another...

gs3117.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I think this is a very pretty colour, but it is on the darkish side. It''s the one of the three I posted that really speaks to me.

I have seen so called pads that I think are really pink sapphires - you really need the orange element - and viceversa.

The particular shade that sets your heart on fire is a very personal thing - I prefer tsavs that are a touch darker than what would probably be considered ideal.

A lot of people love the paler pads, I like them too but tend to prefer more saturated stones of all kinds.

padparadscha_oval.jpg

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
One must be VERY cautious about whether/and how a pad. has been treated! For a substantial purchase you should always demand a cert like AGL, AGTA or Gubelin, etc., to verify whether the stone has/hasn''t been treated. Some very cleverly Be-treated stones await the contents of your wallet!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary, do you have a preference for one lab over another?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
They are all very good, but, yes, I have a preference - it isn''t important here, however. Any of them would be suitable for this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results