shape
carat
color
clarity

Pad ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you very much for everybody''s comments on my question regarding padparadscha sapphire earlier. I have decided to take the plunge and bought the ring. The color is amazing as it is constantly changing depending on the lighting. Sometimes it''s more orange and sometimes it''s more pink and sometimes, there''s a little red. It is very hard to capture the color in a photograph. Attached are a few photos.

pad1.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Another pic.

pad2b.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Anotherr view.

pad3.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
A hand pic.

pad4.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Another hand pic.

pad5.jpg

spinel

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful gift for the new year.
Cheers

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!
Congrates.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations! another nice piece for your collection.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh my--what an absolutely vibrant, beautiful and unexpected ring. Good for you--this is a winner!
30.gif
36.gif
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my!! It''s just beautiful! Congratulations!
36.gif

I''m so excited for you!

widget

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Impossibly beautiful. And might I comment, from what you''ve posted--you have some of the most stunning & unqiue collection of jewellery/gemstones I''ve seen.
Thank you for sharing. Congrats on your purchase.

cheers--Sharon

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must apologize for the relative lack of enthusiasm in my posts on the other thread
7.gif
Was I wrong!
For once, these pictures represent a very different, mesmerizing thing as much as it shows on this other side.
2.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been away for a while and am just catching up with posts. Your pad ring is beautiful !!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Seems like a very beautiful stone similar to some I have seen from Ceylon and Songea. Do you have stats, ie. any sense of its origin? Is it heated or natural?

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is fantastic. It looks awesome.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Richard,

The padparadscha sapphire in my ring weighs 4.32 ct and is certified by AGL (May, 2004) as "natural pinkish orange fancy sapphire, classic Ceylon padpadradscha", with "no gemological evidence of heat enhancement present". The clarity was not graded, but the stone is very clean. I was told by the jeweler who sold me the ring that the stone was from the 1930s but the setting is from the 1950s. I was not looking for a pad, but when I saw this ring at an estate jewelry trunk show, I couldn''t pass it up, as I may never see another affordable stone with this quality again. The color is super and very interesting as the amount of pink in the stone seems to change all the time depending on the lighting. If I have a chance to visit your part of the counrty, I would love to show you the pad.

I received your book "Secrets of the Gem Trade" a couple of weeks ago. I am enjoying reading it and it is a great addition to my collection of gem books. Have fun in Tuscon and do give us a report when you have a chance.

Art Nouveau

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great buy, congratulations!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
holy crap, it''s gorgeous!!
23.gif

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone, especially Richard, for your nice comments. I have read the chapter on "Padparadscha Sapphire" in Richard''s book and my pad kind of looks like the one in the first photo, but with a bit more pink. I thoroughly agree with the comment in the "Preface" ---"Another great lesson learned about acquiring gems - if you see it and can afford it, grab it!" I am really enjoying my pad and I am glad I was able to make a quick decision to buy it. I can think of many lost opportunities caused by indecisiveness and lack of confidence in my own judgement. Wish I had bought a Paraiba when they were first discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results