packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
at night

_37625.jpg

night2.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packie - talk about curb appeal! This is incredible. You actually inspired me to create the other SMTB thread, so I'm going to just plunk this link down in there.

I'm not surprised that someone who has good taste in jewelry will also have an impressive design aesthetic for landscape design. MIND BLOWN!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
now the backyard. We added a final tier to the bottom of the patio planter, a fire pit out of an old tractor tire, expanded the bricking.

_37626.jpg

_37627.jpg

backyard3.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

backyard4.jpg

backyard5.jpg

backyard6.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

backyard7.jpg

backyard8.jpg

backyard9.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

backyard10.jpg

backyard11.jpg

backyard12.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

backyard13.jpg

backyard14.jpg

backyard15.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

backyard16.jpg

backyard17.jpg

backyard18.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
last ones

backyard19.jpg

backyard20.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is freaking awesome. Excellent job. No cabana and cabana boy?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, especially the front yard!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dang, Packrat! Can I fly you out for some emergency gardening at my house?? Your front and back yards are absolutely gorgeous. Great job!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! Just gorgeous!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! :wavey: I always feel hesitant, like I'm bragging, and I hate that feeling, but I like to share b/c we've worked so stinking hard on it. It makes me happy to be out there. In a couple of the previous threads, I talked about my desire to turn the front into a garden, and JD's reluctance to take that final step. I kept working on him tho...and once he saw it in his head, he was all for it. He's asked if I plan to do the same to the back, and I said no. ( ;-) ) He said "I never tell you no-but I really would have to say no to that" I said well, whatever, you told me No for doing that to the front yard for three years and look what I got. :saint: We'll see. We'd planned to expand on the far side of the fence and then along the back of the house, pull the rail road ties out farther so there's more room in in there to plant, and I think that will be enough for me...but we have to get started on the inside of the house this summer before school starts so it will have to wait till next year.

Matata, ha, nope, no cabana and cabana boy..well, if you count JD..
Rainwood, I totally would be up for that!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Said it before, beyond beautiful. The neighbors must worship you for what you've accomplished.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speechless! What hard work you have done to make such a beautiful home and yard. The purple clematis reminds me of my mom's-I wish I could get mine to flower like yours!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice Packrat!.. :appl: Can you please come over and do my yard?.. :naughty:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1466821309|4047958 said:
Said it before, beyond beautiful. The neighbors must worship you for what you've accomplished.

It kinda runs the gamut. We've had one neighbor tell us to knock it off b/c we were making everyone else look bad. That neighbor later threw her gloves down, yelled across the street "I give up. I'm getting a drink". Up around the corner they told us it's too much work and we'd be sorry. One neighbor is mad b/c there's lot of snakes. And the guy across the street came over and asked what we suggest for his yard. :loopy:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, I sure would! you're a different zone tho and I doubt I'd know what to do outside of my own zone!

lambskin, I wish dad could remember a clematis he's got down by the garden--you'd be hard pressed to find any green on it, it's SO covered in blooms. He can't even remember where he got it. I can't blame him, they've got a million times more stuff than we do, and they've been doing it far longer. But still, I'd *love* to have whatever it is. Whenever he looks at our purple clematis he says "Dangit I wish I could remember..." ha!

Q

Queenie60

I love your yard and your plant choices are great! Love the hastas - I'll be replacing 10 of mine this weekend. I can certainly appreciate what you've done - I just came in from 3-1/2 hours of yard work and have put in several earlier this week and to do more this weekend. I have found a love for my yard since we are now empty nesters! Beautiful yard and you should be proud. Thank you for sharing. :wavey:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, I love your yard threads! Your eye and abilities are seriously amazing!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat your yard and flowers are beautiful!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful Packrat! You have me inspired. I am going to get off the damn computer, put on my gardening gloves and go outside.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat,

Wow, Wow, WOW!!! Everything looks lovely. I worked for three hours this morning on ours so believe me I know how much time you put into keeping everything looking wonderful. I know your neighbors appreciate all you do. Pretty yards ard such a bright spot in a neighborhood. One of my girlfriends used to come over and water when we were out of town. She used to tease me that sitting on the patio having a glass of wine and looking at the yard was her version of a Calgon take me away commercial. Truth be told I really think she liked it because her children were very small and when she came over to water she had a kid free hour. She did say there were a few nights she told her husband to deal with the kids because she was having a glass of wine when she was through watering. I'm sure you get a happy peaceful feeling sitting in your yard at the end of the day. You should be very proud. You have created something really special!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful transformation. You have a very good eye for landscaping.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
packrat|1466821818|4047964 said:
azstonie|1466821309|4047958 said:

It kinda runs the gamut. We've had one neighbor tell us to knock it off b/c we were making everyone else look bad. That neighbor later threw her gloves down, yelled across the street "I give up. I'm getting a drink". Up around the corner they told us it's too much work and we'd be sorry. One neighbor is mad b/c there's lot of snakes. And the guy across the street came over and asked what we suggest for his yard. :loopy:

LOL! I was going to jokingly post that your neighbors must HATE you. My lovely wife has created a great and comfortable back yard where we host many family meals this time of year and a very beautiful front yard, but I can not post pictures now as yours is so magnificent. Our transformation took many years and suddenly it all came together and is fantastic. I love seeing the results of all of your hard work.

I would use the applause smiley, but it would be such and understatement of what you have accomplished.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results