shape
carat
color
clarity

Package on the way from Takahashi!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for all your help with guidance! And thank you everyone who has purchased from Takahashi before, giving me the resources and confidence to treat myself!

I just got a message from Yy this morning telling me that my necklace is complete and will be shipping out soon. I will of course take many pictures when I get it, but I was too excited to wait to share my photos. :)

These are the screenshots I got from Yy this morning! 18" 7x7.5mm Akoya with an upgraded 14k yellow gold clasp. No surface blemishes, completely clean and smooth skins.

After everyone's great experiences with Takahashi, I told Yy "pick out whatever you have with the best luster... everything else is nominal!" Because of that, I did not ask what grading they are. It didn't matter to me because I trust them to pick out something nice. I asked if I increased my budget if I could get something better, but she said that for 7x7.5 Akoya (which was the size I wanted), these were the best already! yahoo!

She was great to work with, the wire transfer was easy peasy. I opted out for the 18k gold clasp, since that would have been an additional $400, and no one is gonna see it anyways.

pearl 1.PNG

pearl 2.PNG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is beautiful!! Can't wait to see neck shots!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! Can’t wait to hear what you think when you get it!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Can’t wait to hear what you think when you get it!!

Thank you! I am so grateful everyone here introduced me to Takahashi :)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So exciting!!! I can't wait to see our pics of them!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
i cant wait
so the wait for you must be teerible :lol-2:

It’s even worse since they finished the necklace today, but I am going out of town! So I have to wait to get back home before they can ship it ugh!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm sure you will be very very pleased with your new necklace ! Looking forward to more pics !

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
FedEx is really ticking me off right now.

I've requested a pick up at my local FedEx office. Fingers crossed I can pick it up with no problem later this week. It's crazy that it's taking longer to get the dang package from the truck to my house than it did to cross the entire Pacific Ocean from Japan to the US. >:(

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
D68C1D38-D284-4674-80C0-A14A3E0F4AA9.jpeg
5145B5F9-C28B-4EC1-871D-E1A068CE01AB.jpeg 47A2ED0A-85CF-4F0F-A6C2-08C5B4150646.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
They are here and they are beautiful!

I do have a question though…. I upgraded to 14k yellow gold vs their standard sterling silver. But when I turn the clasp around, it seems as though it’s gold PLATED, and not solid 14k gold.

On the interior of the clasp I can see an area that is black, that looks as though everything around it was painted gold, but there is a black bald patch highlighted in blue.

4FE4A489-7692-44CE-995A-9E7ECEAE708C.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely!!!!!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

I do have a question though…. I upgraded to 14k yellow gold vs their standard sterling silver. But when I turn the clasp around, it seems as though it’s gold PLATED, and not solid 14k gold.

On the interior of the clasp I can see an area that is black, that looks as though everything around it was painted gold, but there is a black bald patch highlighted in blue.

Would plated be stamped 14k?

Btw they look stunning on you!!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Would plated be stamped 14k?

Btw they look stunning on you!!!

Thank you so much!
I don’t think plated would be stamped 14k, but I am trying to figure out what those black bald patches on the inside of the clasp are. I can clearly see the jagged line where the gold color stops and the black, rough finish starts…. I don’t know what else it would be?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much!
I don’t think plated would be stamped 14k, but I am trying to figure out what those black bald patches on the inside of the clasp are. I can clearly see the jagged line where the gold color stops and the black, rough finish starts…. I don’t know what else it would be?

Oxidization? I hope?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

But damn that one pearl is really glowing at the end there!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Oxidization? I hope?

They told me they just got it back from the goldsmith as they didn’t have any in reserve… I don’t know how long it takes for oxidation?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so Takahashi got back to me and told me it’s solid 14k gold. Hm… I don’t really know what I’m looking at?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so Takahashi got back to me and told me it’s solid 14k gold. Hm… I don’t really know what I’m looking at?

I think taking it to a local appraiser will be a big comfort for you. Get a professional to lay eyes on it, and then go from there.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just tarnish/oxidation.

Dip a Q-tip in silver polish - any cheap ol’ silver polish from a cheap ol’ tub - and give it a rub. Fifteen seconds and it’ll look brand new. I promise! In my experience Asian gold alloys tend to have higher copper content.

(If you can’t get in with a Q-tip try a toothpick)

I use Wright's silver cream:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results