shape
carat
color
clarity

Oxidation

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
i was wondering if this process is permanent. I have two rings. One I wore for a month and a half it looks fine. I wore it 24/7. The other ring half a month and it's almost all gone. And this one I took off at night, didn't clean with it in etc. I am disappointed with how it looks now. I want to return them as I'm very unhappy. Please help.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
what is the metal? if it is silver, it can be polished.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It's gold. When I first got it, it wasn't dark. Just a light silver oxidation. I thought it should be darker. Is there something I can use to make it permanent? I email the person and am waiting to hear from them. It's going to be a pain if I have to ship it out.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Are you trying to get rid of the oxidation or wondering why it has disappeared? If it's disappeared, are you sure it was really oxidation or just something cosmetic?

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It was supposed to be oxidized. Its a ring from Caleb Meyer. The other rings from J.M. And it looks great. It's nice and dark, where as the C.M. ring looks pretty much faded and gone.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I thought oxidation was supposed to be permanent.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
That's a good question; I don't know. I've had oxidation on silver, if I'm not mistaken, and it came off. Maybe it's permanent on gold? Not sure -- sorry!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the help everyone. Problem solved.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
What happened?

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I found out that the process isn't permanent. I wad told I could take it to a local jeweler and have it redone.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Gothgrrl|1315980214|3017136 said:
I found out that the process isn't permanent. I wad told I could take it to a local jeweler and have it redone.

Oh great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results