shape
carat
color
clarity

Owners of rings from LOGR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking that it is a fun and cheap to getting settings from LOGR for the lower cost and pretty gemstones that I want to set. With gold prices surging, I just couldn''t justify the cost of custom setting the cheaper gemstones.

I have a emerald cut spessartite that is 6.04 X 8.33mm. I would like the legacy looking setting for emerald cut gemstones from LOGR. Should I go for the 6X8mm or the 7X9mm for my spessartite? Thank you.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey SS - I would simply ask for a custom head so your stone fits perfectly. This is a standard service he offers, I think it costs maybe an extra ~$50.
That way you will have no concerns with a custom mount.

hth!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get it custom made. They custom made my mount for my roval stone for an extra $50, which is nothing in the world of customizing jewelry. The stone fit perfectly.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto the cutom sizing - neither of the standard EC settings will fit well - one edge will be too small, or too big.

Do you have pics of the stone you''re setting?

Tessie

Rough_Rock
If you need a custom head made, do you send LOGR your stone to set in there as well, or just tell them the size and have another jeweler put it together?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I won an auction and he wouldn''t make a custom head for me! He said it wasn''t possible to put a cushion cut in the setting
7.gif

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''m trying to learn more about this seller. Does anyone know what country they''re based in? The EBay ads don''t say, just that mail service is available to the U.S. What color/quality of diamond melee is used in the settings? What metals are available for the settings?

Richard M.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Richard, you can choose the metal (white, yellow, rose, 14k, 18k - don''t think he does platinum but not sure). Also if you look at his Ebay listings each setting has different grades/colour accent diamonds so it looks like each individual setting is graded on its own merits. However, you can upgrade to F/G and VS1 diamonds for an additional amount - again, he gives a rough indication in each auction of how much that would be per carat. LTP is the LOGR expert and I think has purchased a number of semi-mounts. I''ve only bought 1 previously and am awaiting no.2!

Simplysplendid - just a warning - I''ve just had a custom head made for my ring. LOGR charged $50 and then an additional $39 for the extra gold and diamonds associated with that.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 1:52:09 PM
Author: Tessie
If you need a custom head made, do you send LOGR your stone to set in there as well, or just tell them the size and have another jeweler put it together?
I would just tell him what size to make the head, and have a local jeweler set it.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LD, thanks for the great info. I''m still curious about where LOGR is based.

Richard M.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Richard, I believe the rings are made in China. However, if you want to return or exchange, you mail it to an US address.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 3:11:38 PM
Author: Richard M.
LD, thanks for the great info. I''m still curious about where LOGR is based.

Richard M.
Hi Richard, lovegem is correct. The packages come from China, but their "Head Office" so to say is in the US.
hth
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 2:34:19 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 10/11/2008 1:52:09 PM
Author: Tessie
I would just tell him what size to make the head, and have a local jeweler set it.
Ditto, I would not send a stone due to insurance/responsibilty issues.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I will work out the additional costs before deciding if I will get it custom from LOGR.. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results