shape
carat
color
clarity

owners of LOGR pave- pictures and opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
So, I know there are a few of you out there that have the pave band- please send me pics- the pics online look beautiful- is it as great in person?
I am going to use it as a wedding band- does anyone think that is a bad idea?
Have any of you lost a diamond yet?
Thanks so much!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 10:59:31 PM
Author:waiting_impatiently_2008
So, I know there are a few of you out there that have the pave band- please send me pics- the pics online look beautiful- is it as great in person?
I am going to use it as a wedding band- does anyone think that is a bad idea?
Have any of you lost a diamond yet?
Thanks so much!
There are a few pics of the pave band that Vizsla bought in the LOGR thread at the top of this forum.

I have a 3-sided pave with miligrain that I''ve never seen at auction, and while I like it, it doesn''t seem incredibly heavy. I wear it almost every day and haven''t lost a diamond yet.

Let me see if I can find a pic or two.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
As much of the profile as I could find . . .

original.aspx

Thanks so much for the input- after reading what the owner of the eternity band said, I am considering upgrading to the full cut diamonds- it''s 300 more for a carat- do you think it''s worth it? Has anyone upgraded to the full cut diamonds? UGH! I wish he hadn''t raised his prices!
7.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I have one. I upgraded the diamonds but I don't know how it would have been otherwise. I was not so psyched at first but I've never owned pave before.

I think it is really nice. The workmanship is great. I'm glad I got it. Have not lost a stone yet, but I only wear it occasionally and am careful with it. Note that your thumb is the finger you use the most so it be more vulnerable there.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have one ring with SI stones. It's the Legacy that Lauren is showing up above. I do not think the stones are full cut on my setting, and I can spot some cloudy ones, although it is very pretty and it sparkles. However, it does bug me a little. Some people have received this setting with SI stones however, and the stones have been much more cloudy than mine or Lauren's, so there's a little inconsistentcy in the SI diamonds in the LOGR settings. Since then I've been upgrading all the diamonds since I don't like surprises.

Even though he increased his prices, I recently caved in and purchased two LOGR designs that I have been wanting for some time. I upgraded to VS diamonds, and they were full cut and beautiful. I was very pleased. It costs $249/ct to upgrade the diamonds. To calculate how much it will add to the price, check out the carat weight of the diamonds in any particular setting you're interested in (he lists the side diamond weight in all his listings), and multiply that number by 249. For example, if there are .49 carat of side diamonds, then .49 * 249 = 122.01. I think he rounds up to the nearest dollar. The VS diamonds used to cost $199/ct, but he increased the prices.

He also charges around $12 gram to upgrade to 18K, and he charges a lot more to upgrade to platinum because of the extra labor involved as well and not just for the metal prices. I did inquire about a platinum setting since my jeweler charges an enormous amount to re-rhodium white gold. However, I just tell my jeweler to skip the re-rhodium plating since I found out that the settings don't really need it. I think my jeweler just likes to make extra $$ on me that way. I rather use the $$ to upgrade the diamonds on the LOGR's.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results