shape
carat
color
clarity

Overwhelmed finding a diamond...blue nile or shane co?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

captain_ralph

Rough_Rock

captain_ralph

Rough_Rock
I can get an aset on #6 and which A or B should I also get an ASET on?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think two of the diamonds got labeled as #4 by accident, starting a new marking system...these were both the ones labeled as #4...the difference is the JA is a VS1 which I believe is the one @Matthews1127 chose out of the 5.

A. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.05-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-3592145
B. https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD09691822

Was leaning towards the JA because it does look a bit cleaner
It was the JA stone we were talking about.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is the EC @Matthews1127 meant to link to. Really pretty.
#6) https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.12-carat-h-color-vvs1-clarity-sku-3635328; 6.80*5.03*3.38

#7) JewelsbyGrace vintage. 6.67 x 4.67 x 3.20 mm

BN #4) 4. https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD09691822?refTab=DIAMONDS; 6.67 x 4.90 x 3.41 mm

So, I think the consensus is #4 and #6 (largest) have merit. Pass on the others From JA, you put the diamonds on hold and request an ASET from them. You can hold up to 3 diamonds for 48 hours. And they will generally only give 3 ASET per email. Same for BN, although they are not as consistent at providing and ASET. Most things are closed today in the US due to it being a national holiday.

I don't know if Grace will provide them, but you can just email and ask. But, I'm a sucker for antique diamonds.

Oh my!! Yes! The JA 1.12ctHVVS1!! Apologies! l didn’t realize l didn’t link the stone!! :oops:
Thank you, @rockysalamander!! Great save...lol!!
We’ve been busy preparing Thanksgiving festivities, and packing for our trip to Florida! Monday is our Wedding Anniversary, Next Fri is my son’s 18th birthday, and we are going away to celebrate, get away, and visit a couple colleges! l didn’t even notice all my notifications until a few minutes ago! l will be checking in, while we are away!! l can’t wait to see ASETs for these EC’s!! OP: l do hope you’ll consider reaching out to Grace, as an option; vintage diamonds are absolute treasures!!!
Good luck!!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!! Yes! The JA 1.12ctHVVS1!! Apologies! l didn’t realize l didn’t link the stone!! :oops:
Thank you, @rockysalamander!! Great save...lol!!
We’ve been busy preparing Thanksgiving festivities, and packing for our trip to Florida! Monday is our Wedding Anniversary, Next Fri is my son’s 18th birthday, and we are going away to celebrate, get away, and visit a couple colleges! l didn’t even notice all my notifications until a few minutes ago! l will be checking in, while we are away!! l can’t wait to see ASETs for these EC’s!! OP: l do hope you’ll consider reaching out to Grace, as an option; vintage diamonds are absolute treasures!!!
Good luck!!
Have a great trip @Matthews1127 !

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much!! Hoping to add an Anniversary Band to my left hand! If l do, l’ll be certain to post about it...lol!!! ;)2
kicken, have an awesome trip and may it be blingy near future!

captain_ralph

Rough_Rock
Have a great trip!

I have requested an ASET on the two diamonds from JA and I will be requesting an ASET from the grace diamond as well! I can't find much online, what is the difference between a vintage diamond and a modern cut diamond?

Thanks, I will post the ASET results when i get them :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a great trip!

I have requested an ASET on the two diamonds from JA and I will be requesting an ASET from the grace diamond as well! I can't find much online, what is the difference between a vintage diamond and a modern cut diamond?

Thanks, I will post the ASET results when i get them :)

Antique Cuts come from an entirely different era, and a whole different way of cutting. Modern Cuts are precision cut by today’s modern technology. Antique stones are easy to spot because their facets are more broad, and typically, there is a more obvious/prominent Culet. Some, exhibit the Kozibe Effect, which allows the owner to view the Culet at every angle.
Old, Antiwue/Vintage diamonds are absolutely gorgeous, but not everyone prefers them.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#4 has more red and green throughout and not obvious dead facets. Combined with the video, I'd lean to #4 from JA.

captain_ralph

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the log response time, life got pretty crazy. Thank you all for the great info! I’ll go with #4 :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results