shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval vs RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bimbi

Rough_Rock
Ok, I was searching online yesterday and i found some larger than 1 ct oval diamonds that costed as much as a 0.9 or 1 ct RB. Is that right. For some reason I thought fancy shapes like oval, cuchion pear cost more than RBs.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
RBs tend to be more expensive because they''re in high demand. I love oval stones (obv. I have one!) and other fancy shapes. The cost savings makes it that much better. One word of caution though. If you''re considering an oval stone, try to look at it in person before buying it. Ovals have personalities and some are nicer than others. It''s not as easy to tell a good one from a not so good one by the numbers alone...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 9:16:34 AM
Author:Bimbi
Ok, I was searching online yesterday and i found some larger than 1 ct oval diamonds that costed as much as a 0.9 or 1 ct RB. Is that right. For some reason I thought fancy shapes like oval, cuchion pear cost more than RBs.
Usually its the other way round with fancy shapes costing less than rounds.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 9:20:01 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
RBs tend to be more expensive because they''re in high demand. I love oval stones (obv. I have one!) and other fancy shapes. The cost savings makes it that much better. One word of caution though. If you''re considering an oval stone, try to look at it in person before buying it. Ovals have personalities and some are nicer than others. It''s not as easy to tell a good one from a not so good one by the numbers alone...

How would you do that if you were buying an oval stone online? Would images be enough?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do your research so you know what to look for in your stone when you get it, and be prepared to return the stone if you don''t like it (I''m specifically talking about bowties and clarity issues here).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Images might be enough, but I would want to also speak with someone who has the stone in hand to confirm that the stone is nice. I would still review the stone myself in person before deciding to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results