shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval solitaire diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sharanr

Rough_Rock
sharanr
sharanr

Rough Rock
Total Posts: 1
Last Post: 4/11/2009
Find all posts | Pictures

Subscribe to this author I''ve been looking at upgrading my engagement ring and after doing my research I''m more confused than when I first stated.

Can someone suggest the best way to proceed or recommend good reasonably priced online retailers?

I''ve got v small hands and my ring size is about 3 1/2 so I don''t want to get a HUGE stone which makes it look like a cocktail ring but one that is sufficiently noticeable without being totally OTT.

Any thoughts on:

1.Which is going to be more noticeable oval or RB? in terms of size and fire.

2. What carat do you think might be most appropriate to achieve the look I want?

3. My budget is up to $4500 for both the stone and the setting- I''d like to replicate the classic Tiffany setting. Do you think its a realistic budget to achieve size, cut and color. In terms of color, I don''t really want anything much less than a G (assuming that there is a noticeable change in color from G to H). I have a full eternity and the stone are F-G so the ering has to match that.

Anything else I should consider? Suggestions for good online vendors much appreciated.

Thanks for your help....hoping to get the ring real soon.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
To keep it at the 4500 mark, with a G color I'd choose this stone link provided it's eye clean but it looks like it should be in that size range. With this Tiff replica

The stone with a PS discount is 2,291. The Tiff setting is 875 is white gold.

For your finger size, I think it would be fine. If you want bigger, you're going to have to lower the color.

EDTA: Here's another stone a little bigger link. This one is 3,759 with the PS discount.

sharanr

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Is H markedly different from G?

For a 1 ct- what colour/cut combo should I go for with the same budget?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
For a 1 carat you''d had to go to J, SI1, SI2 range and I''m still not sure you''d get it for 4,500. I think at that point, you may notice the difference between your eternity ring and e-ring stone.

I''ll check what''s available though.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I found this J from WF's expert selection link . With the PS discount it's 3,992 and it's a 1.01. The stone is a little deep but it has a great ASAT image and Idealscope. It'll still face up white but depending on how color sensitive you are, you may see a bit of warmth.

ETA: I just realized you're looking for an oval. I've been linking rounds (sorry, too much coffee today.)

sharanr

Rough_Rock
Thanks elle.

I really appreciate your help.I''m looking at both RB and ovals. The last link you posted for the 1.01 ct- can you tell me what the total cost would be with the Tiffany setting.

Thanks again.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d call WF see what they can get in for you. Then call GOG www.goodoldgold.com on Tuesday, ( they are closed on Monday ) and see what they can get in for you. I bought a 2 carat oval for a RHR from GOG. I didn''t want a bow tie of any sort, they delivered and then some. Ask for Jonathon.

With the budget you have you will have to sacrifice something...Just don''t sacrifice on the cut. Ovals are gorgeous, I hope you find one that makes your heart sing!!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It would be about 4900.
I''d probably call them, tell them your requirements to see if they have anything else. I also think an Oval stone is going to cost less. Round seem to be priced the highest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results