shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval solitaire diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sharanr

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking at upgrading my engagement ring and after doing my research I''m more confused than when I first stated.

Can someone suggest the best way to proceed or recommend good reasonably priced online retailers?

I''ve got v small hands and my ring size is about 3 1/2 so I don''t want to get a HUGE stone which makes it look like a cocktail ring but one that is sufficiently noticeable without being totally OTT.

Any thoughts on:

1.Which is going to be more noticeable oval or RB? in terms of size and fire.

2. What carat do you think might be most appropriate to achieve the look I want?

3. My budget is up to $4500 for both the stone and the setting- I''d like to replicate the classic Tiffany setting. Do you think its a realistic budget to achieve size, cut and color. In terms of color, I don''t really want anything much less than a G (assuming that there is a noticeable change in color from G to H). I have a full eternity and the stone are F-G so the ering has to match that.

Anything else I should consider? Suggestions for good online vendors much appreciated.

Thanks for your help....hoping to get the ring real soon.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, here is my opinion...

1)more noticable - size: oval, fire: round brilliant
2)I'm thinking about .75 to a carat. A carat will look pretty big but should prevent DSS.
3)Your budget should work fine if you go with a nice eye-clean SI1.

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
I would go with whiteflash as an online vendor. I have bought fom them twice and have been very happy. I know a lot of people on here like good old gold and james allen also, but I have never purchased from them.

You can find tiffany style solirares at whiteflash here is a link. http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/1.htm

I think you have a nice budget. In my opinion a .75 to 1 carat solitare would look great on your size hands and with your band. I think you could afford a nice diamond in that size with your budget.

Maybe you could go into a store and try on solitares of different sizes, to find out what size stone you like.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You said you''re upgrading - what size is your current ring?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the good people in Rocky Talky could give you some better information. Maybe post over there?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
# 1. I agree for size an oval will look larger but for fire a round will give you more.
# 2. I think the size you are looking at will be great on your hand.
# 3. I am sure your budget is fine.

I would check with Whiteflash as well. Have fun shopping.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a hard time visualising a size 3.5 finger. How small is that really in mm diameter or circumference?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Oval vs RB is an interesting question, and one that I''ve been mulling over myself (in THEORY for me!!!
3.gif
)
Perhaps the size factor would overcome any misgivings you have about the relatively reduced fire that comes with choosing the oval?
I haven''t actually been able to view ovals IRL, so I''m looking forward to some other opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results