shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval solitaire comparisons! .81 - 1 carat

emilyrenee

Rough_Rock
I just got engaged and am so excited! I really love my ring but sometimes do get self conscious that it's a bit too small. It's a .81 center but a total of 1.01. I love everything about my ring but just wish it was a bit bigger, the pressure of having at least a carat. Is there much visible difference between a .81 and 1 carat?

Here's my ring. .81 center/ total 1.01, D color, size 6 finger, 56 table and 61.6 depth.

img_10060.jpg

img_10061.jpg

img_10062.jpg

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I think its stunning. Doesn't look small at all. Suits your hand - very elegant!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto ^^

It's a stunning ring & suits your hand beautifully. Congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks wonderful on you. It's not a ginormous rock but it doesn't make it less beautiful. If you want something bigger that is ok too. Do you have an option to exchange it for a bigger one?

emilyrenee

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys! I am pretty sure that we are past the 30 day window they give us but more so that I don't want to make my fiancé feel that I don't love the ring he got for me or that i'm unappreciative of it. I'm not sure there is any way to express that gracefully?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
He probably maxed out his budget to get that D. So to go up in size, you'd likely have to go down in size. Step down from perfection? Not I!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! And lovely and elegant on your hand. You know, being on PS is a blessing and a curse. Looking at all of the ginormous rings can give us size envy (DSS). Lots of PSers feel the "pressure". Size is not the end all be all of a gorgeous ring. Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful diamond and gorgeous ring. I think it looks perfect on your hand.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's gorgeous!! And looks beautiful on your hand too. :love:

There's nothing wrong with wanting something a bit bigger, so don't feel guilty about that. Maybe a larger stone/upgrade could be a nice anniversary gift?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond and setting are gorgeous, but only you can decide if you would want something bigger. By real world standards it is big, PS is a completely different place and not the norm for diamond sizes.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you think its small?

You're friends wear larger ones?

You "pinned" honkers on your Pinterest?

You and your SO talked about something larger?

It's lovely , well proportioned, faces up large for its size.

emilyrenee

Rough_Rock
Well Pinterest doesn't help and also lots of my friends have these giant rings and always get comments on how "cute" my ring is. Thanks for all the love though. I do love my ring and will have to stop comparing to others!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful and I understand your thoughts about its size. A fellow PS'er by the name Fi Z had an oval halo added to her existing engagement ring by Quest Jewelers and it turned out gorgeous. I tried to add a link to her post that has before and after photos but my computer is not cooperating with me :oops: , but hopefully someone will be able to help out and post it for me. She had a single halo added but I wonder if a double halo could be added :naughty:

Warm regards,
Patty

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
emilyrenee|1450115679|3961297 said:
Well Pinterest doesn't help and also lots of my friends have these giant rings and always get comments on how "cute" my ring is. Thanks for all the love though. I do love my ring and will have to stop comparing to others!

It IS cute :appl: :love: , and as someone who's been told most of her life that she's cute, cute is a great compliment :clap: :dance: :appl:

This ring is by no means small on your finger. This is coming from miss 8.75 here lol.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you find out if it's passed the 30 day window?

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
I think it's gorgeous. Maybe pick a beautiful diamond eternity band to go with it to add more bling if that is what you are missing. It looks beautiful on your hand.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haloing it is a great idea! You get a lot of bang for your buck. Ovals in halos are just so gorgeous. Maybe down the road that would be an option. That way you keep that stunner of a stone :love: :appl:

emilyrenee

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I think i'll pick out a band with some bling and if I feel that it's too small still may add a halo as un upgrade later on! Thanks for all the feedback! :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results