shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval shapes and color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

06Iced

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to figure out what is ''acceptable'' for oval stone colors. Is H an acceptable color for an oval? Especially if set in platinum? Will it still present itself nice and white, even if viewed at a skewed angle? (Not everyone sees the stone from the top.)

I''ve read countless forum topics in PS, and most refer to "a well cut stone will still look white". But, I think that''s mostly referring to round diamonds. Since ovals are less ''brilliant'' than a well cut round, will color present itself more?

Personally, I think I am more sensitive to color. But, it''s hard to find comparable ovals in stores to see them side by side to see whether it''s just me seeing color, or if it''s just the lighting etc. I''ve seen rounds side by side, and it can be difficult to see the difference between them, but as I said, I think that might be because of the brilliance of the cut.

I''m only looking for diamonds in the range of 0.75ct, so I''m not sure if that will make a difference or not.

This is really stressing me out! Please help!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Hi 06Iced,

In terms of color, everyone is different. For example, my sister can''t see any color in an H but I can see color in even F''s! Ovals, however, are a fancy shape so they do tend to show more color than rounds. Some people are most color-sensitive than others, so the best thing to do would be to go compare some ovals of different colors side by side. I know you mentioned that it''s difficult to find comparable ovals in different colors in stores - perhaps you can call a reputable vendor and ask them to bring in some stones for you?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
An H oval will look fine in platinum. I would still try to see one to see if you can see any hint of tinge. Some people can, some can''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results