shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval Ring Pics Please?

T

talamasca

I'd love to see pics of oval coloured stone set in a ring, either solitaires or multi-stones.

Thanks in anticipation :D

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
I should have my oval sapphire in a halo setting in about 3 weeks and will be happy to post then! :)

8.71 carat Ceylon sapphire
1.35 carats in the halo and shank
18k WG

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my oval peach/pink spinel in a halo setting.

Attachments

• peachspinel2.bmp
    928.4 KB · Views: 2,842

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked through the Colored Stone E-Ring folder at the top of the topic list? You should find lots of inspiration there. Here's a photos of my Mahenge spinel set by Brian Gavin, but it's a halo rather than an oval with side stones.

IMG_0257.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sparkly_Not_Gaudy|1304693318|2913916 said:
I should have my oval sapphire in a halo setting in about 3 weeks and will be happy to post then! :)

8.71 carat Ceylon sapphire
1.35 carats in the halo and shank
18k WG
OMG that sounds amazing!

T

talamasca

Thanks everyone so far, they're lovely :D

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.8 carat mint garnet
4 carat oval spinel flanked by 2.2 cttw Mahenge pears
2.8 carat oval spinel in halo

TLspinelovalhalo.JPG

TLspinelsparkle3.PNG

TLmintgarnetoval2.JPG

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gotta say that halos are starting to grow on me...TL, do you see a significant difference between a Brian Gavin halo and an LOGR halo?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1304797089|2914970 said:
I gotta say that halos are starting to grow on me...TL, do you see a significant difference between a Brian Gavin halo and an LOGR halo?

I never saw a BG halo in person. I would hope the workmanship is far better based on the prices they charge. I think they are comparable to Whiteflash, and if so, then yes, the BG halo would look better in person. I did upgrade the diamonds and the gold on that halo, and for what I paid, I think it's worth every penny plus some.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Oval spinel set east-west in a LOGR ring:
jstar-greyspinelring.jpg

Oval light-toned tanzanite set in a Patrick Irla silver and rose gold hydrangea ring:
182056_747991531954_14300210_40741225_4139153_n.jpg

"Roval" Mali garnet in a simple LOGR:
179884_747991616784_14300210_40741231_3955356_n.jpg

Oval Spinel in a U-prong ring by Daniel M:
spinelring1.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of mine - hope this helps.

Oval Rings.jpg

T

talamasca

Wow, thanks everyone - what gorgeous rings!!!

These pics have really helped :D :D :D

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1304797089|2914970 said:

Since I own both, I hope you don't mind if I answer this, Minou! There is a large difference in quality between the LOGR and BGD, but it's kind of comparing apples and oranges. With BGD, every detail is finished impeccably, and there is a big difference in the weight of the gold, quality of the melee, etc. On the other hand, you're certainly paying a premium for that difference, and for the LOGR settings that I kept, with the upgraded gold and melee, you end up with a very pretty setting that stands up to all but very close, very picky inspection. Is that what you needed to know?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Thanks, that's very helpful. Its nice to know that you have both kinds.

Talamasca: threadjack officially over - thank you for allowing it! :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! Since I will be setting an oval red spinel, I am in the thinking-it-through stage, too!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an oval stone myself, a piece of tanzanite I set with two pear shaped diamonds. One reason that I bought the current spinel that I did was because I realized I liked the size and setting of this tanzanite ring (which I wore to my godson's engagement party). I thought I would like to have a red spinel ring of similar proportions (I have a smaller one) and of the color I want this time! (The story of my last stone is one of those endless sagas!!!)

Deb/AGBF

Attachments

• MyOvalTanzaniteSetWithPears.bmp
    324.1 KB · Views: 2,514

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1304795898|2914946 said:
1.8 carat mint garnet

Tourmaline Lover-I have seen a photo of your mint garnet ring ring before, but I want to say how special it is. I would copy it if I could, but I don't happen to have a mint garnet lying around with which to do it! I believe that that is rose gold that you used to form the petals on the flowers? Gorgeous!!! Did you design it or did someone else?

Deb/AGBF

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1304882328|2915504 said:
TL|1304795898|2914946 said:
1.8 carat mint garnet

Tourmaline Lover-I have seen a photo of your mint garnet ring ring before, but I want to say how special it is. I would copy it if I could, but I don't happen to have a mint garnet lying around with which to do it! I believe that that is rose gold that you used to form the petals on the flowers? Gorgeous!!! Did you design it or did someone else?

Deb/AGBF

Thank you ABGF,
That's actually a super cheapo LOGR ebay setting in rose gold. I like cool colors in rose gold. It has a certain glow to it, almost like a pariaba. It's a rare color and I have been looking for minty garnets for a long time. Most are either too yellow, too washed out, or too grey, or too dark to be called minty garnets (but more like light toned tsavorites).

Congratulations on your new red spinel. It has a rare "Excellent" rating by AGL, which makes it special.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Another oval mint garnet in rose gold. 2.51 cts cut by Gene Flanigan with .60CTW marquise sides. I love the contrast of N-S oval with E-W sides.

minty.jpg

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1304955851|2916253 said:
Another oval mint garnet in rose gold. 2.51 cts cut by Gene Flanigan with .60CTW marquise sides. I love the contrast of N-S oval with E-W sides.

Kelpie, I love the design of this ring; the N-S long oval and the E-W marquise balance very well. A Beautiful ring.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my simple, oval mint garnet ring. I envy TL for capturing the beautiful color of her mint garnet in pictures; I saw that color in my mint garnet often, but my cameras never do.

mint_garnet_7156a.JPG

T

talamasca

Hi Atwater, I've seen your ring a few times and thought how dainty and beautiful it is. Thanks for posting :D

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie and Awater-

I absolutely love the way that each of you has set your mint garnet, too! The two of you, along with Tourmaline Lover, have convinced me that there must be some special magic that draws women of taste to mint garnets or that takes over when people are about to set these lovely stones! All of these settings look as if they might be worn on beautiful fairy princesses out of some, "Lord of the Rings" movie!!!'

I am really smitten!!!

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1304955851|2916253 said:

I love it too, and I especially love it in combination with your delicate wedding/eternity band.

Deb/AGBF

purplemelody

Rough_Rock
Hi, here is a oval pink spinel that I bought from Tan set in a simple micropave halo ring by a local jeweler family friend.
pinkspinel0102.jpg

T

talamasca

Purplemelody - I love the colour of your spinel and the setting's very pretty :D

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Thank you AGBF and Atwater. I love Atwater's garnet too, and her teal tourmaline is the stone of my dreams. It's funny that my husband was examining my ring the other day and noted "wow, it's like it's made of vines like an elf ring!" so Lord of the Rings is a completely appropriate description! The credit goes to hunt country jewelers for coming up with the design.

Purplemelody- your ring is beautiful!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1305195696|2919507 said:
Thank you AGBF and Atwater. I love Atwater's garnet too, and her teal tourmaline is the stone of my dreams. It's funny that my husband was examining my ring the other day and noted "wow, it's like it's made of vines like an elf ring!" so Lord of the Rings is a completely appropriate description! The credit goes to hunt country jewelers for coming up with the design.

To stop the slight threadjack already underway, kelpie, perhaps you could provide me with a link to a thread with more photos of your ring? Or post a thread here about just your ring if you don't have a thread about it somewhere (which is hard to imagine!!!). I really want to to see your setting up close. I bet Sharon loves those E-W sidestones!!!

I realize that asking you to start a new thread may be too much trouble, but I am assuming that starting a new thread will not be necessary!

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results