shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval or round on lotus?

Oval or round on lotus?

• Oval garnet stone 8.5mm by 6.5mm (faceted)

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Small Round lavender spinel 5.6mm diameter (faceted)

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stonerocks

Rough_Rock
Hello again!

Initially, I wanted to go for a round lotus ring for my gf anniversary gift. But after looking at the computer drafter design, we both feel that this 5.6mm diameter round is too small to be alone in a lotus (my gf has long and chubby finger)

We are thinking to use another bigger garnet oval to set in this lotus ring. It is bigger on it's own, but will a bigger oval lotus look good? I do not like the idea of having one draft after another ( so I thought it's best to ask for opinion first)

Please poll for your preferred shape:)
Thanks

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I would just go with whatever stone is your favorite!

I have lotuses in both rounds and ovals and I think they both look great!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you going w/the Sally lotus or the one in the other thread that was a CAD picture?

Stonerocks

Rough_Rock
Thank mak and packrat for your response.

I am not going for Sally.

We are leaning toward the oval for now, but now the shank looks plain if there isn't any bling (as the oval is bigger).

The small round bears a significant meaning to us...mm..tough to decide (let's see the poll result in 2 days time)

If we choose the oval, I believe we will want to add diamonds on the shank. Wonder if silver has a strong grip for diamonds?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It's hard to comment without seeing either the ring or the stones. Regarding Sally's lotus rings, the shank is so thin and delicate that almost nothing looks too small. My smallest stone in a Sally lotus is 4mm. But I'd have to see the ring you choose...I'm inclined to say go with the one that has sentimental value, as IMHO any round stone above 5mm is big enough to stand on its own in a ring.

Stonerocks

Rough_Rock
Hello js thank you for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results