shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval Moissanite

Win04ever

Rough_Rock
hello!

I was recently gifted a beautiful sapphire center ballerina ring. It is very similar to Heidi Gibson’s Gatsby Ring. I love it except the sapphire is lacking as it is too dark.

I am considering a moissanite center. I’ve searched the forums but couldn’t really find many oval examples. Can anyone please recommend an oval moissanite vendor? I’ve searched on C&C- but the ovals seemed flat to me.

Thank you!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If I were looking for an oval moissy, I think I would check out Harro gems. I have not seen one of their stones in person yet - although I plan to soon! - but from what I've heard and read and seen in pictures, their cutting is more consistent than C & C, and Erica at Love Affair Diamonds has chosen to carry their antique cut moissies out of all the ones on the market after comparing them all. She has stated that they are cut so that, face on, you cannot see the double refraction - and I trust her opinion. For modern ovals, they have brilliant cut (which is similar to the C&C cut but I'm guessing better), a crushed ice cut, and a cut that is a bit of a hybrid of the two that looks very much like modern cut oval diamonds. Additionally, they have antique ovals (which is one of the cuts Erica carries, for less than they cost at Harro's website), which are a bit "plumper" in proportions, with the culet and chunkier faceting characteristic of antique cuts.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the suggestion of LAD’s ovals - they look lovely! Also Schubach do a high crown line of antique ovals which I remember thinking were really beautiful but I don’t if they sell direct/without a setting.

Win04ever

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I ended up going with a Harro Gem- I had a hard time picking between the crushed iced and diamond cut. I opted for diamond-cut. I’ll make sure to post when it arrives! thanks again

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I ended up going with a Harro Gem- I had a hard time picking between the crushed iced and diamond cut. I opted for diamond-cut. I’ll make sure to post when it arrives! thanks again

Great! Glad to be helpful. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

locks90

Rough_Rock
I would love to see the diamond cut. I’ve also been struggling between crushed ice and diamond cut. I’m leaning towards the diamond cut but still feeling unsure. :confused:

Win04ever

Rough_Rock
I would love to see the diamond cut. I’ve also been struggling between crushed ice and diamond cut. I’m leaning towards the diamond cut but still feeling unsure. :confused:

I got cold feet and cancelled my order. I was really concerned about it looking foggy and I saw a previous thread where someone got the crushed ice and wasn’t impressed.

It looks like August Vintage May be coming out with an oval Moissanite. I’ll be first in line for that.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got cold feet and cancelled my order. I was really concerned about it looking foggy and I saw a previous thread where someone got the crushed ice and wasn’t impressed.

It looks like August Vintage May be coming out with an oval Moissanite. I’ll be first in line for that.
I will be shortly right behind you lol.

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
I'm on the queue now...
Did you ladies get your oval moseys yet?

Which one is preferred Charles & Colvard Forever One, Harro Gems or August Vintage for oval moissanites 1.5ct diamond equivalent please?

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
@Strawberries1
Julia B Jewelry on Etsy has a lovely line of antique cut moissanites, including an antique oval.

il_fullxfull.1543348478_8bwf.jpg
So many choices with ovals now. Is would like to find a video of this and the C&C F1 to compare as the F1 is the only one I've seen in real life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results