shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval lab diamond experts, come thru pls :-)

Quynh Le

Rough_Rock
Hi folks, hope all is well! As you experts already know, ovals are a tough one to pick out given that it does not receive a cut grade. Typically, people look at color, clarity, l:w ratio (partially subjective to preference), table, depth, bow-tie effect, and girdle.

I came across this diamond, and based on those proportions listed above, I believe it is a good pick. It is from a reputable seller, Clean Origin. My only concern is that without the ability to see it in person, I cannot determine if there is a bow-tie effect. I am not a fan of the bow tie, so this was a bit of a risk to me.

Here is the igi report: https://www.igi.org/viewpdf.php?r=538201538

Any feedback or advice would be extremely appreciated. Thank you all!

Last edited:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have any photos or preferably videos to post?

Quynh Le

Rough_Rock
Do you have any photos or preferably videos to post?

Afraid not :( Clean origin only provides “sample image” and no 360 video or photo of the actual stones. It definitely felt like a shot in the dark

Quynh Le

Rough_Rock
Afraid not :( Clean origin only provides “sample image” and no 360 video or photo of the actual stones. It definitely felt like a shot in the dark

All I was given were the proportions and specs to go by

Quynh Le

Rough_Rock
Hi folks, hope all is well! As you experts already know, ovals are a tough one to pick out given that it does not receive a cut grade. Typically, people look at color, clarity, l:w ratio (partially subjective to preference), table, depth, bow-tie effect, and girdle.

I came across this diamond, and based on those proportions listed above, I believe it is a good pick. It is from a reputable seller, Clean Origin. My only concern is that without the ability to see it in person, I cannot determine if there is a bow-tie effect. I am not a fan of the bow tie, so this was a bit of a risk to me.

Here is the igi report: https://www.igi.org/viewpdf.php?r=538201538

Any feedback or advice would be extremely appreciated. Thank you all!

https://www.cleanorigin.com/oval-la...182e/?utm_source=txtshare&utm_medium=referral

360 video of the diamond in this product link

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not bad! My concern is that I see a bowtie and the sides look "mushy" to me and dont have much life

Quynh Le

Rough_Rock
It's not bad! My concern is that I see a bowtie and the sides look "mushy" to me and dont have much life

Agreed, that’s what I thought too! Proportions are all good, but the bow-tie looked a tad watery. Needed a bit more contrast there. Once I get the actual diamond delivered, I’ll upload some pics here to examine

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, that’s what I thought too! Proportions are all good, but the bow-tie looked a tad watery. Needed a bit more contrast there. Once I get the actual diamond delivered, I’ll upload some pics here to examine

The issue is that fancy cuts cant be chosen by proportions. A video is needed to know for sure.

Quynh Le

Rough_Rock
The issue is that fancy cuts cant be chosen by proportions. A video is needed to know for sure.

Sadly that is the case :( what are the top criteria you look for when shopping for an oval?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly that is the case :( what are the top criteria you look for when shopping for an oval?

The persons desired size, color, clarity, and then I watch videos of the stones to see which have appealing light performance (to my eye)

Quynh Le

Rough_Rock
The persons desired size, color, clarity, and then I watch videos of the stones to see which have appealing light performance (to my eye)

Great tips, appreciate it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results