shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval Diamond Quote, Is this a good deal

hellokitkat

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,
I want to thank everyone in advance for any help. I am looking into purchasing an oval diamond for my engagement ring. The current diamond is what I have found:
Oval 2.01, Oval Brilliant, 9.47x7.23x4.66, E, VS1, Excellent Polish, Excellent Symmetry, Fluorescence None. Table 58%, Depth 64.4. Slightly Thick- Very Thick. Being quoted 21,000. After seeing the diamond in person it is definitely very white, however I am not sure if it as shiny as I would like it to be. My budget is around 20k. I would greatly appreciate any help fast as I am looking to purchase within a day or so. Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,
Yu

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can't buy an oval from the numbers. ONLY pictures and faceting matter. So I have no idea if it is a good deal or bad without images.

I'll see what I can find for you.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I would take Gypsy's advice on ovals. Let her find you some good options so you can at least compare cost. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This stone has potential: http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/2ct-g-vs1-oval-diamond.html And it leaves you some money in your pocket. A G will be very white.

GOG will make you a video too.

I also like this one: http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/2.00-carat-g-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-374559 But it's over budget and JA is not providing ASET images until the first of the year.

This one is nice and has a strong ASET: https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/Oval/GIA-Certified-2-01-Carat-G-Color-VS1-Clarity-Diamond-41W9K7

Also a possibility:
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/Oval/GIA-Certified-2-01-Carat-G-Color-VS1-Clarity-Diamond-4D3BGP

A well performing stone will cost more than a dud. And I don't know anything about the oval you are considering than the fact that you weren't impressed by it. But that says a lot.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I wish that site didn't demand my email address in order to look at pics. :angryfire:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1450759290|3964646 said:
I wish that site didn't demand my email address in order to look at pics. :angryfire:

Yeah, I know. I caved.

JoshuaNiamehr

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Just an FYI - you can use a fake email to register... You need not verify your account. If seen a few PriceScopers complain about it, so I thought it ought to be addressed.

If Im allowed I will make an account for PriceScope experts to use. Admin's please feel free to let me know if this is allowed or not.

Why do we do this? Because there are tooooo many diamonds for shoppers to remember/save to favorites. And new diamonds come on the market all the time. If we have your info (and you're actually shopping for a diamond) you might find it quite helpful that we can pull up the diamonds you've looked at and you may have "misplaced", or added to a cart, that is now empty.

We never sell or share your email with/to anyone.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
JoshuaNiamehr|1450811178|3964912 said:

Just an FYI - you can use a fake email to register... You need not verify your account. If seen a few PriceScopers complain about it, so I thought it ought to be addressed.

If Im allowed I will make an account for PriceScope experts to use. Admin's please feel free to let me know if this is allowed or not.

Why do we do this? Because there are tooooo many diamonds for shoppers to remember/save to favorites. And new diamonds come on the market all the time. If we have your info (and you're actually shopping for a diamond) you might find it quite helpful that we can pull up the diamonds you've looked at and you may have "misplaced", or added to a cart, that is now empty.

I know, and I've done that before. It just irks me that I have to either lie, or get on a spam list to shop there. No reason for me to do either with all the competition around.

hellokitkat

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Thanks everyone for their help so far. Gypsy would that G color really be that clear? I contacted the store and am planning on seeing it. What is an ASET? Any other advice you can provide I would appreciate. Or any other stones you can suggest

JoshuaNiamehr

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Andelain|1450813480|3964954 said:
JoshuaNiamehr|1450811178|3964912 said:

I know, and I've done that before. It just irks me that I have to either lie, or get on a spam list to shop there. No reason for me to do either with all the competition around.

Hi again,

Actually this is quite common on many sites these days, you're not a spam list, and can always opt out of receiving coupons and new diamond alerts.

Actually both James Allen and Blue Nile both employ this practice (Blue Nile for price drops) James Allen for HD images... Both of which started the practice after we did, as it is a major asset in staying in touch with customers and showing them awesome new diamonds without pressuring them into a specific purchase. Also, a major online luxury retailer: gilt.com does the same.

But since I understand you (and many) want your privacy, and respect that very much, in hopes that the admins don't mind, Ive created an account in which anyone can use without having to sign up/register: http://bugmenot.com/view/enchanteddiamonds.com

Ive personally been using bugmenot for over a decade. Highly recommend it for other sites as well as ours.

Hope this helps quell your concerns, and we greatly appreciate your feedback :)

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all!

Joshua

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
hellokitkat|1450827242|3965031 said:
Hello,
Thanks everyone for their help so far. Gypsy would that G color really be that clear? I contacted the store and am planning on seeing it. What is an ASET? Any other advice you can provide I would appreciate. Or any other stones you can suggest

8) Which G color? There are three of them. :))

Yes, all of them will be white. And at VS1 they should all be perfectly clear in terms of clarity. Check with the vendor to verify, if you want to, but I have never seen a VS1 that isn't perfectly clear to the naked eye. My own VS1 is clear even with a 10x loupe, to me, as my inclusions are that hard to find.

hellokitkat

Rough_Rock
Hey,
So I found an OVAL that looks very nice but has visible inclusions mainly from underneath the stone, but not from the top. This helped bring the price down. Would this be ok?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are they affecting the light return?

hellokitkat

Rough_Rock
What do you mean affecting the light return

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Inclusions can impede light return. Just because they are not visible from the top doesn't mean they aren't compromising performance. A gemologist at the vendor should be able to tell you that.

hellokitkat

Rough_Rock
Nobody at this jeweler has even mentioned that. Buying is so frustrating. Anyone you suggest gypsy? Also whatsup with fluorescence. If it's only visible under a uv light why does it matter and if it does matter is it ok to be in the faint range vs strong ? I really appreciate your help btw, thank you so much.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
hellokitkat|1457664539|4003119 said:
Nobody at this jeweler has even mentioned that. Buying is so frustrating. Anyone you suggest gypsy? Also whatsup with fluorescence. If it's only visible under a uv light why does it matter and if it does matter is it ok to be in the faint range vs strong ? I really appreciate your help btw, thank you so much.

Go up to the right hand side of your screen. There is a knowledge tab. Look up Fluorescence and Clarity. And read through all the differeent links there. It will help you.

Yes, it can be frustrating.

I recommend sites that we work with most often, that post images of the stones, videos and are aware of what "PS standards" are.

I posted some nicer stones for you. But you ignored that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results