shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval diamond--need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taramc

Rough_Rock
Help! I am in the market for a 1.5-2 ct oval diamond. I''m only looking for SI1 or SI2 and H color. I live in Ohio but planning a trip to NY 47th to buy it b/c of no selection out here. For example, looked at 1.11 ct. oval recently that was E color SI2 that had lots of brilliance but zero fire...it was going for 8900 which I thought was really overpriced...it was GIA certified but salesman had no idea what the crown depth and pavilion depth were nor did she know the angles...when I asked about it she said that she could figure it out mathematically or something (is this true) but iw would take at least an hour and that I shouldn''t focus on that..it seemed to me the crown depth was too shallow and the girdle was really wavy....anyway, I guess I have gotten some knowledge as to cut of the diamond as in what is generally good and bad and I have all of my tables of what are good parameters for everything and obviously how does it look to the eye but how do I pare up that information on cut to determine price???? Any comments or info is much appreciated...Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results