shape
carat
color
clarity

oval diamond-best cut/proportions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ramalamafa

Rough_Rock
Hi. We're in the market for an oval diamond in the range of 2.25-2.60 carats. I've been looking for what the ideal proportions would be. Can you recommend some parameters to us?
I've also decided that I could do with I color and S1 clarity. Any advice is gratefully accepted...in advance;-)
Sandy

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
You can see a guide to best parameters for an oval cut by looking here:

https://www.pricescope.com/fancy.asp
http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt2.htm

Fancy shaped diamonds should really be seen to determine if they are well-cut and show a minimal bowtie effect.

The color is personal preference. A better cut diamond may face up whiter than a more poorly cut one. You may want to mount an I color diamond in a yellow gold setting. SI1 clarity is ok if it is GIA graded, if the inclusions are not eye visible (or don't bother you) and if the inclusion does not affect the durability of the diamond.

It is recommended that you have an independent appraiser (one who does not sell diamonds) take a look at the diamond you are considering purchasing/keeping.

Good luck :)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Lawmax, I was 30 seconds faster but your post is much better :)

ramalamafa

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much. I'm so pleased to have discovered this board. I'm working my way through the tutorial as well and feeling more and more like I can make a good and well-informed decision.
Your recommendations will be heeded. I'm sure I'll have more questions later!
Thanks again.
Sandy

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/22/2002 10:21:40 AM

Lawmax, I was 30 seconds faster but your post is much better :)
----------------

:bigsmile: I'm stuck in dial-up he**! Can't wait to get home to my cable modem!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results