shape
carat
color
clarity

Out of state setting purchase question?

Phinally

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I am in need of all of yours expert advice. I am looking at buying a Brian Gavin setting for my diamond that I have already purchased and wondered what everyone who has bought settings from out of state did about the warranty. Do you send it back each year to be cleaned and what not or do you forgo the warranty and just go to a local jeweler? I do not want to buy such a nice piece and have something happen to it only to find out it is not covered because I had been taking to my local jeweler. Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd only send it back if it needed some type of repair work. Taking it a local jeweler for cleaning and checking the prongs will not void a warranty.

Phinally

Rough_Rock
I was told that I would need to send it back for the yearly maintenance and cleaning. Otherwise I wold void the warranty.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brian Gavin told you this? that would get expensive, especially if you have to pay the shipping both ways. What's covered in the warranty?

ETA: What setting are you wanting?

Phinally

Rough_Rock
One of his customer service reps did. That is what I thought, both ways plus insurance for 60 plus years....way too much. I am thinking about a few, pretty much any one of the simplistic pave settings, novela, fishtail.

charlottejw

Rough_Rock
Are you going to be insuring it? It may be that the warranty and your insurance provide the same type of coverage and it may be a non-issue depending on your insurance choices. Sending the ring back and forth every year seems like it would be expensive and very time consuming considering that they only good way I have seen to send a diamond insured is registered mail which can be quite slow

Phinally

Rough_Rock
I just got another response from the customer service and it looks like cleanings by another jeweler will not void the warranty. I will also be insuring it so maybe you are right and it is a non issue. I just wanted to cover all of my basis's before I made the purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results