shape
carat
color
clarity

Out of curiosity- is my RB diamond considered a 60/60 stone

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! Last year, my DH proposed with a gorgeous ring with a GIA Ex-Ex-Ex round brilliant diamond. I started hanging out on PS after getting engaged because I became obsessed with diamonds (poor husband :lol: ), and I'm curious to learn more about diamond cut grades/standards. It is all very fascinating! My diamond does not score well on the HCA (3.0 - Very Good). At first that concerned me, but I know that the HCA is only meant to be a rejection tool and the diamond is beautiful and satisfies my eyes. I can't find anything that is wrong with the performance of this stone, and it's lively in most lighting conditions. So onto my next question for the diamond cut experts, as I want to learn more :) - based on the measurements, is my diamond considered a 60/60 stone?

GIA certificate
Measurements 8.09 - 8.13 x 4.94 mm
Carat Weight 2.01 carat
Color Grade H
Clarity Grade VS2
Cut Grade Excellent
Depth 61.0 %
Table 60 %
Crown Angle 35.0°
Crown Height 14.0%
Pavilion Angle 41.0°
Pavilion Depth 43.5%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet None

Thanks!
nycspring

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Out of curiosity- is my RB diamond considered a 60/60 st

Yes, with the table and depth proportions, it is considered a 60/60 stone. Nothing wrong with that - just a little different flavor!

bribri

Rough_Rock

Nothing wrong with a 60/60 stone. It's all based on personal preference.

The last three stones I was looking at, one was a 60/60 stone and it was absolutely beautiful. The stone gave off a nice "white sparkle". And that was the case I found with most stones approaching the 60/60 mark. The performance is there, the sparkle is just more white.

nycspring

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for confirming! :) I definitely see a lot of white sparkle, and in some lighting conditions, a lot of colored sparkle/fire as well. It is cool how diamonds have different, beautiful personalities.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, even with the same angles and such, each stone seems to have it's own personality!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

nycspring- I've been admiring your beautiful diamond since your Vatche reset thread. It's so stunningly beautiful in all your photos, I can only imagine that it's even better in real life!

I agree with you that it's really cool how different diamonds have different yet beautiful personalities. Makes you kind of want lots of diamonds..... :naughty: .

nycspring

Shiny_Rock

That is so nice of you to say, JDDN! :D I wish we could upload videos directly to PS, because pictures don't do them justice! Gotta agree with you on wanting to own lots of different diamonds... :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results