shape
carat
color
clarity

Our wedding bands!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys,

Here are pics of our wedding bands. FI''s band is a 5mm titanium band with platinum inlay from Bruce Boone. I was thrilled with his service (he was really friendly & helpful & I got the band within 2 days of placing the order!) & I think it looks great! It''s engraved as well.

My band was custom made by Quest to match my e-ring. (The thread with CADs is here) I adore the folks at Quest & think their work is amazing. I love how the design turned out--it looks very delicate & is pretty narrow (approx. 2mm wide).

Here''s my concern, though. It''s much taller/higher than I expected. I had the ring sized so I could wear it alone on my right or left hand, but also wanted the option to be able to wear it with my e-ring. I thought it would be thin enough to slide under the halo of my e-ring, but it''s not. As it is, when worn with the e-ring, it sits nowhere near flush to the band. (not that I really expected it would with the design of the e-ring...)

I considered having a curved band made so it would sit flush, but I wanted the option to wear the band alone as well. And when I was thinking about having the band slide under the halo of my e-ring, I had a concern that the diamonds might scratch up my e-ring where they rubbed back and forth (not to mention the fact that the bands would probably detach from each other (assuming they weren''t soldered together, which I didn''t want) so I''d have to constantly be pushing them back together.)

So, what do you guys think of the band & how it looks when worn with my e-ring? Is the huge space between the rings bothersome? Is the overall look too busy? Do you think the thickness is an issue or not? Should I try to have it thinned somehow (and what would be the options for this?) or leave it alone?

Thanks for your opinions. It''d probably help if I posted some pics, eh?
2.gif

3465757%3A%3B%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3247%3E3%3C3%3E8%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233587364373nu0mrj
Here are our 2 rings...
1.gif

3465757%3A%3B%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3247%3E3%3C3%3E8%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233587362%3B6%3Cnu0mrj

This is how they sit together on my finger.

3465757%3A%3B%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3247%3E3%3C3%3E8%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233587362%3B74nu0mrj

Here''s a side view

3465757%3A%3B%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D3247%3E3%3C3%3E8%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233587364374nu0mrj

Another side view (don''t mind the burning glow of my red bedroom!)

3465757%3A%3B%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3247%3E3%3C3%3E8%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233587362%3B6%3Bnu0mrj

Looking down at rings

3465757%3A%3B%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3247%3E3%3C3%3E8%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D323358736436%3Anu0mrj

Odd shot...just so you can see the thickness of my ring.

Sorry for posting so many pics.
20.gif
Thanks for your thoughts!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your band, Brightspot! It''s gorgeous!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I would leave it alone - you might not wear them together very often, but they both look amazing.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the way your e-ring and w-ring look together. I wouldn''t change anything. It''s a beautiful set and they don''t need to sit flush together. It just adds to the charm!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, it looks great just the way it is. Mine don''t sit flush either. I think it really looks awesome. I love your FI''s band as well.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it the way it is too. The band turned out beautifully and the gap just gives it more of the antique feel. My grandmother''s e-ring and wedding ring didn''t fit flush and looked awesome. I bet once you wear it for a while you''ll get used to it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look great!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brightspot, it's just amazing. I love how the band turned out SO MUCH. It's awesome. Looking at the gallery on your ering, I don't think anything would be able to fit under it - it's just the way that design of ering is. Unless you went curved with the band, I don't think you'd get anything to sit anywhere near flush. I really love the band and don't think the gap is distracting or bad at all. I love how it hearkens back to the design on your ering. L
30.gif
VELY!!!!

36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Brightspot- your band is gorgeous, and so unique! I absolutely love it, as is, with your ring. I love how the rings go together, but aren''t "matchy matchy." YUM
30.gif
I''m really glad to hear that you are so happy w/ Quest as a multiple time customer, since it''s looking like they will be making me a new e-ring. (Yes, you did hear that correctly!) Your fiance''s band looks great, as well!

Any chance that you can post a hand shot from further away- like of your whole hand? I''m curious how the space looks not so zoomed in
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 3:23:44 PM
Author: icekid
since it''s looking like they will be making me a new e-ring. (Yes, you did hear that correctly

ok, not to threadjack...but icekid...WHAT???? why?? you must fill us in
6.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quest will do a great job for you icekid. I wish we could GTG. OK sorry BrightSpot.
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow Brightspot- those rings are just incredible.
I''ve always loved Boone''s rings.

Your Quest masterpiece is lovely- compliments the ering perfectly

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey Brightspot, you''ll have to add your wedding band to the quest masterpiece thread.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
they look so good!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys,

Thanks SO much for your comments & compliments.
face23.gif

It''s funny, I went into this process with a design in mind that would reflect the style of my e-ring, but not necessarily match it perfectly because I really didn''t think I would want to wear the 2 rings together on the same finger. I had a sense that there would either be a big gap which I would find objectionable or that I would get irritated at trying to shove the w-ring underneath the halo & get annoyed that the 2 rings were constantly coming apart, not to mention fearing the diamonds scratching the metal. (It''s a good thing I''m not neurotic about my rings or anything...
20.gif
)

But now that I see them together on the same hand, I kind of like it. The more I try them on together, the more I like them. (though part of me still wonders if the design is too busy...) I wanted to run it by my jewelry gurus to see what you guys thought.
2.gif

Ok, icekid, here are a couple of (huge) handshots where more of the hand shows. Is this what you had in mind?

And, I must hear the details on your new project with Quest! What''s this about a new e-ring?!

346577864%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3247%3E3%3C3%3E8%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D32335873%3C266%3Cnu0mrj

346577864%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3247%3E3%3C3%3E8%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D32335873%3B%3B%3B5%3Bnu0mrj

You can''t see the rings quite as well in the photo above, but at least my hands aren''t glowing.
2.gif
Maybe you can get a better sense of proportion in these shots as well?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I was just wondering about your wedding ring this morning, BS, since we had not heard back about the progress. I love both of your rings very much. Personally, I like when the two rings sit flush together, but it does look more vintage when they don''t fit together. I like that you can wear the rings separately. That''s a big plus for me too. I think once you wear them for awhile, you''ll get used to the unfitted look.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, DL. In my head, at least, I prefer rings to sit flush as well, but I have to say that the current look of my rings is growing on me. (Which is a good thing because I can't easily see a way to make these 2 rings fit flush--good point, FG!)

Thanks again FG for all of your help in this process. I'm glad you like the end result.
1.gif

Oh, and sevens, I was really thrilled with my FI's ring as well. (I haven't given it much press in this thread.) I wasn't sure what to expect with the titanium & I really love the way his ring looks. I think the platinum inlay is subtle & nice & I like that it ties our rings together a bit. And Bruce was fantastic to work with!

Thanks to Mara for talking to me about titanium & Greg's ring. She definitely helped me decide to take the titanium plunge.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo Brightspot, in the last picture that gap doesn''t look nearly as big. I think however you decide to wear them will be great. I really like the band and think it complements your e-ring nicely.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I am generally a matchy-matchy gal myself, but I have to agree with everyone that there is something about your set that works.
1.gif
I think it is because you had Quest make the band to match the marquise shapes of the sides of your e-ring. I also love your e-ring by itself so I think you have the best of both worlds.

PS - my husband has a titanium wedding band and just loves it.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
You''re right, mrssalvo...as the rings move around on my finger, the gap changes. Quite the dynamic set.
3.gif

Pebbles, I definitely think the matching marquise shapes help the 2 rings to coordinate better. Thanks for your thoughts on the titanium as well. How has your hubbie''s ring held up over time? Did it get really scratched up or retain its polish well?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
My husband just got his titanium band last summer so it still looks good. He''s one of those guys that takes off his watch and ring and soon as he walks in the door so it really doesn''t get abused by yardwork, the gym or things like that.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 5:16:28 PM
Author: pebbles
My husband just got his titanium band last summer so it still looks good. He''s one of those guys that takes off his watch and ring and soon as he walks in the door so it really doesn''t get abused by yardwork, the gym or things like that.
LOL--my FI does that too, though he threads his (class) ring on his watch when he puts them away. It''s gotten his ring pretty scratched up.
14.gif
Apparently he had a cat in the past who would steal rings & other shiny objects so he had to put the ring on his watch to weight it down!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Brightspot- yeah that is what I meant about the pictures! I am soooo loving that band.

Yeah, new ring... someday?! Quest is so busy now! But I am ringless for the time being... sigh. I think it will probably be something fairly similar to the old ring, with some new fun changes. My FI is really attached to the octagonal halo, so we will probably keep that.

(and now I am going to threadjack for a second since there are no pms.. I hope you don''t mind
1.gif
)

Kaleigh- I think I have your cell phone number in my pms still somewhere, and it may even be saved on my phone for that matter. So maybe we can still meet up afterall! Have you heard of the jewelry store called "Halloween" in center city? It was mentioned on rocky talky and it''s literally only a few blocks from my apartment! I totally want to go check it out
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh I think the wedding ring is absolutely gorgeous and I wouldn''t change a thing!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Icekid, I am dying to know what is going on with your ring!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Ditto that, Pebbles. Okay, Icekid, gotta let us in on this.
4.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rascal & icekid. I think I''ll leave my band as-is.
1.gif

Ok, icekid, what''s going on with your ring? Dish, girl!
2.gif
What happened to your old ring? Did I miss something?

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Brightspot, your rings look great together!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 7:16:46 PM
Author: icekid
Brightspot- yeah that is what I meant about the pictures! I am soooo loving that band.

Yeah, new ring... someday?! Quest is so busy now! But I am ringless for the time being... sigh. I think it will probably be something fairly similar to the old ring, with some new fun changes. My FI is really attached to the octagonal halo, so we will probably keep that.

(and now I am going to threadjack for a second since there are no pms.. I hope you don''t mind
1.gif
)

Kaleigh- I think I have your cell phone number in my pms still somewhere, and it may even be saved on my phone for that matter. So maybe we can still meet up afterall! Have you heard of the jewelry store called ''Halloween'' in center city? It was mentioned on rocky talky and it''s literally only a few blocks from my apartment! I totally want to go check it out
9.gif
I hope you still have it icekid. I haven''t heard of that store. Lets go check it out. Ok back to BrightSpot.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results