shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Wedding Band Story :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would dedicate a thread to my husband-to-be and my wedding bands, since they involve a neat story :) His mother passed away, and we used her wedding band (yellow gold, channel set eternity band) to create our wedding bands. His band is platinum with the gold from her ring passing through the middle of it (although his ring is currently being sent back to attempt to make the platinum more even-yeeeesh!).

We are using the diamonds from her ring to make an eternity band for me (still in the process). I will end up with a simple platinum 3mm comfort fit band (my "dancer" band because I am a dancer and I need something I can bang up), and an eternity band to stack. Here are plenty of pics :) ENJOY!

lildia5.jpg

The (very dirty) diamonds from her ring before soaking in ammonia and taking a ride in the ultrasonic :)

lildia6.jpg

My cute little (clean and sparkly!) diamonds ready to be set in a shared-prong eternity! (They are mostly all face-down, I couldn''t get them to stay face-up)

lildia.jpg

One more of the cute little diamonds :) They are around 2 points each, I think.

lildia2.jpg

wowza! That''s going to be a rockin'' ring!

And one with just my ering and "dancer band." When I get my eternity band, I will probably sandwich it in between these 2 rings. Stay tuned for pics :)

lildia3.jpg

Oh, lovely! I can''t wait to see the new band! What a sweet story!

awwww what a sweet story and yes...
Date: 5/5/2009 10:43:01 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
wowza! That''s going to be a rockin'' ring!
DITTO!

Beautiful! Love the the story too!

excellent - and so meaningful!

What a great story, and a wonderful sentimental touch to add to your wedding rings!!!
36.gif

Date: 5/5/2009 11:13:47 AM
Author: geckodani
What a great story, and a wonderful sentimental touch to add to your wedding rings!!!
36.gif
Ditto! That is so wonderful. using something old to make something new to represent you two!! Wonderful idea. Congrats... can''t wait to see it all done.

Aw how sweet!!!!

Love the story and I love what you''ve created!! Can''t wait to see the finished product!!

What a wonderful way to share your MIL''s ring
1.gif

So special! Love the pics.
30.gif
It''s fun to see the loose diamonds.
Can''t wait to see the finished eternity band.

What a GREAT story! So sweet and so nice that you can incoporate his mom''s band into both your w-bands.
Can''t wait to get pics I bet the eternity band is gonna be stunning!

What a meaningful way to keep part of his mom''s ring with you guys! That''s really nice and sweet of you guys.

Your wedding setting is beautiful as is and would be even better with the eternity band! Gorgeous!

I ust love your set, and the extra ring is going to be just gorgeous. I love that meaningful gesture of using her ring in your rings. That is so special and beautiful.

How wonderful!! I wish there were diamonds in my family, but there are not
8.gif
I did wear my grandmothers engagement ring at our wedding, and that meant so much to me. There will be so much meaning in those little diamonds for you both...

Not that it matters one little bit with a wonderful sentimental project like this, but for curiosity, what color and cut quality do you think the little guys are?

And I love your solitaire!

Thanks, everyone! I am so excited about our rings!

Dreamer, I am not sure about the color and clarity, but I am wondering if it would be worth it to find out? I want to eventually get another band made to match so I can have one on each side of my solitaire, so it may be good to match the color of the diamonds.

From what I can tell (and I am no expert, but I know a little more than the average Joe), the diamonds seem very white to me. I expected them to look yellow next to my D solitaire, especially when the loose stones were first sent to me because they were so dirty, but now that they are clean, I can''t tell a difference! I am going to ask the jeweler who is setting them what he thinks.

Such a beautiful story, and I''ll bet the rings turn out beautiful as well. :)

That is such a great idea, especially to have the gold running in the center of his band. Can''t wait to see pics of your eternity ring.

Love this story and the sentiment that will be attached to the bands!

Such a nice story! It''s really sweet how you found a way to incorporate his mother''s ring into both your rings. Can''t wait to see your eternity band!

Thanks, SanDiegoLady! I think they are about 2 points each. They measure to about 2mm (haha but that was using my measuring tape, so that could be a bit off!)

What a great story. I can''t wait to see your new ring
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

This is such a heartwarming story! I love how you''ve incorporated your mother''s ring into both of your rings. I can''t wait to see the finished product!

This is such a heartwarming story! I love how you''ve incorporated your mother''s ring into both of your rings. I can''t wait to see the finished product!

Thanks for sharing your sweet story. I love the idea of melting the family ring into your husband''s ring, and sharing the diamonds with yours! The "dancer" band is very elegant on it''s own with your beautiful engagement ring. Out of curiosity, do you wear your engagement ring while dancing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP