shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Special Princess Eternity Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carrot

Rough_Rock
After being married almost 34 years, I found the perfect opportunity to give my wife a diamond eternity ring. God made her a fruitful vine and blessed us with seven children, all of which she home educated.

One of our children, our precious Sarah (I cannot type her name without tears welling up) was born with a rare liver disease and after enduring the pummeling of one crushing medical report after another, we learned that she would need a liver transplant to survive. She waited on the transplant list for what seemed a very long time and, when on the very brink of death, a liver donor was found and she was transplanted at 9 months old. At the time, she was the smallest patient ever transplanted at the University of Minnesota Hospital. Her recovery from the transplant was an ordeal lasting the better part of a year.

Slowly, very slowly, she "recovered" to the point where she led an almost normal life and appeared no different than any other child. Her perpetual joy and trademark, skipping step became an inspiration to us and others, and she was chose for the hospital''s poster girl for transplants. Her lighted photo still graces the hospital foyer.

One particular day when she was 5 1/2 years old, a day like any other day, she became ill in the middle of the morning and of course, we gave her special attention. In the middle of the afternoon, she seemed worse so we took her to the local clinic. The clinic called an ambulance and she was rushed to a local emergency room. Almost before we realized what was happening, God whisked her home.

That was hard.

But God''s grace was sufficient for us, as it is for anyone who will not resist it. And we know where Sarah is and the One who is keeping her!

I had the eternity band specially made as a surprise for my wife. Sarah''s name means "God''s Princess". So I chose princess cut stones for her band as a special honor to and remembrance of Sarah. And eternity is what we look forward to.

I took my wife out for dinner at Mother''s Day to our favorite restaurant in Minneapolis, slipped the camera to the server when she wasn''t looking, and presented the ring to her. And - you''ll never guess - she likes it!

(TW 2.6 ct. G VS1 matched diamonds)

cindyseternityband.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Carrat
What a special story and meaningful gift for your wife. i agree, somehow God''s grace is suffiecient..
Thank you for sharing and that is one Gorgeous ring
1.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
your story is so sweet and sad. thank you for sharing it. Your wife must have really appreciated that gift.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring to go with a beautiful family. I''m sure Sarah is smiling down on all of you!
17.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
You must have wonderful memories.....and your wife has a special reminder with her at all times.....Nice ring!!! And touching story...
12.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring.
1.gif
thank you for sharing your very special and humbling story.
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is beautiful and so is the sentiment behind it! I am sure that your wife was thrilled.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Carrot, I am so sorry for your devastating loss. It''s obvious that your faith has really sustained you and your family.

Anyway, the ring is just beautiful and the sentiment behind it even more so. Congrats to you and your wife!! It''s just gorgeous!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and sentimental ring.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Carrot,
Thank you for sharing about Sweet Sarah.
I can''t imagine what you have gone through.

The princess band is so touching and lovely

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a heart wrenching and touching story, which makes the presentation of the ring, as well as the ring itself, so special. It sounds like the perfect remembrance of such a vibrant and sparkling child. I hope it gives your wife comfort every time she gazes down at it. It''s a gorgeous ring. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring and sentiment. Thank you for sharing your story and your pics.

DiamondLil

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing that heart wrenching story of your beautiful Sarah. The ring is just beautiful as Sarah''s spirit.
12.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Your story brought tears to my eyes, I am sorry for the loss your family has suffered. I am glad you have your faith in the Lord to carry you on. The ring is very lovely but the sentiment behind it is even more so.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

About all I can manage is a very sincere "oh my". And thank you
emrose.gif

cheers--Sharon

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Carrot!!! That is a tender, sweet love story...your wife is so blessed to have someone as wonderful and sensitive as you! You were additionallly blessed to have your little Sarah for the short time you had her. She had a calling on this earth to fulfill and she did it...

The way you designed this ring with Sarah in mind is especially touching and I will bet that for years to come, both you and your wife will reflect upon its meaning with so much love.

Thanks for sharing...
emsmile.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful, sweet, touching, story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!! What a special way to celebrate mother''s day with your wife!! Congratulations on such a beautiful ring! How wonderful that you could incorporate your daughter''s memory into an eternal piece of jewelry!! Precious!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Carrot what a loving story, I am sure your wife appreciates the love and thoughtfulness that went into her special gift, it is quite beautiful. Your lovely daughter is safely in the arms of Our Lord.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Carrot,

Thank you for sharing the story and showing us the gorgeous ring!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Carrot:

A perfect ring with great meaning. I am sure your wife will treasure it forever.

carrot

Rough_Rock
A special moment -

specialmoment.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
carrot, what a wonderful and special story you shared with us and what a gorgeous and sentimental ring!
1.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi!What a beautiful and sentimental ring.
thank you very much for sharing the story.
from the picture of your wife,I can feel how she is surprised and happy
and you are very wonderful husband.
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful way for you two to remember your daughter. It is a beautiful ring. Thank you for sharing your story.

dib

Shiny_Rock
that is a beautiful ring and an even more beautiful story. i am sorry for your loss.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
G
30.gif
rge
30.gif
us ring!! What a special gift!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
thank u for sharing your story...its a beautiful thought from a thoughtful husband and father..goregous ring..

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring and a very heart wrenching story. It''s truly amazing that even through all the heartache and sadness that you hold onto the joy and happiness Sarah brought you. Sometimes people have a hard time doing that. I wish you and your family all the best and may your wife wear that ring always in good health and happiness.

-Sarah

P.S. My Mom always calls me Princess too.
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful ring with a beautiful sentiment for a beautiful wife. Nicely done.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
that is a beautiful ring with wonderful sentiment behind it. thank you for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results