shape
carat
color
clarity

Our "New" House

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I lost the photo after it was uploaded successfully :(.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get a message that I have successfully uploaded a file, then the screen where one writes a posting says above it:

"You attached the following file to this post: None". (The "None" is in bold.)

If I have successfully uploaded it, why isn't it attached to "this post"?

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying again!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AGBF, I see you are having uploading issues again. I love you anyway.
2.gif
And have missed you lots too.
35.gif

Keep trying. I want to see it.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
AGBF, when you have the screen where it says "file successfully uploaded" and then it still says NONE...click on the "close" button. That was happening to me and the picture would not show up until I clicked on the "close."

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I just tested it out. After it says "file successfully uploaded" you must click on "close" for the file name to replace the "None."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Patty, I will try that! And hello to you, Lisa!!!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the view looking down our driveway.

pattylookdowndriveway.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK. This is inside. A shot of the living room.

pattyliv1.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations. Your house is beautiful and HUGE!!! What are the specs, as in sq footage and bedrooms and all this fun stuff?

Michelle

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another view of the living room:

pattyliv2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2004 5:13:27 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
Congratulations. Your house is beautiful and HUGE!!! What are the specs, as in sq footage and bedrooms and all this fun stuff?

Michelle

Hi, Michelle-and thank you. I never paid any attention to square footage. (This may correlate with my inattention to crown angles. Numbers bore me.) I can tell you that it has four full baths and one half bath, though.

As for its large size: our previous house was half this size, if that. It is only because we moved that we suddenly can afford a large house. And we may only be able to afford this one for a while. My husband is once again with a company about to be reorganized!!!

Deb :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another shot of the living room:

pattyliv3.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is still the living room. As you can see, we have not even hung our pictures yet!

pattyliv4.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ignore that strip of blue carpet. My husband had us all walking on it to save the white carpet, but it will be banished!!

pattycarpetstrip.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is also the living room with an extraneous strip of carpet:

pattyliv6.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful lot! Where''s it located? I just love the trees and privacy. I hope you don''t have to shovel too much snow and you like raking leaves
1.gif

When you had trouble posting pics I was going to post this one as your house. It would have been close.

WAG2169.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2004 5:36:45 PM
Author: noobie
That''s a beautiful lot! Where''s it located? I just love the trees and privacy. I hope you don''t have to shovel too much snow and you like raking leaves
1.gif

When you had trouble posting pics I was going to post this one as your house. It would have been close.

Well...not quite!!! (Close, that is!) The house is in northern Virginia and the locals here have tried to scare me by telling me how much snow they get. I am a Connecticut Yankee, however, and the more snow there is, the happier I am!!!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my daughter''s bedroom. She actually got to have *two* bedrooms in this house, with a bathroom between them. She uses the front one to do schoolwork; it has a desk and a computer. She uses the back one to dress and sleep. In our old house she had one small room with the tiniest of closets, so she thinks she is in heaven :).

pattybedroom.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, wow, wow, AGBF! It''s amazing! And I''m laughing at you naming your files after me! I love the setting and the long driveway and all the trees. The view(s) from the living room are wonderful! And I can see why your daughter is in heaven with that beautiful bedroom! The screened in porch will be so nice PLUS you have how many decks?!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 5:43:13 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 11/16/2004 5:36:45 PM
Author: noobie
1.gif

Well...not quite!!! (Close, that is!) The house is in northern Virginia and the locals here have tried to scare me by telling me how much snow they get. I am a Connecticut Yankee, however, and the more snow there is, the happier I am!!!

Deb
Hey Deb, your home is lovely.
I''m in MD- don''t let the snow scare ya. If you''re coming from Connecticut then you''ve seen much more than us! The difference is that when we get snow- everything comes to a standstill.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Patty and sevens one! I never worry about the snow. I love it even when everyone else is complaining. (I just keep my mouth shut so as not to annoy others by telling them I revel in what makes them miserable!) We have one deck. It just kind of rambles along with some stairs and railings here and there. One day I may get a good photo of it...or maybe not!!!

Deb

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I really think you should get your daughter a pony. That house would look GREAT with a pony coming up the drive.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2004 6:29:36 PM
Author: Patty
I really think you should get your daughter a pony. That house would look GREAT with a pony coming up the drive.

Don''t laugh! We wound up with this house because my husband rejected the house I *wanted*!!! The house I wanted was a lot smaller, with a smaller pool, but with more land. It had stables and there were riding trails behind it. We were *not* about to get horses, but just seeing them there upset my poor, urban husband! He kept saying we couldn''t get that house with the stable and the flies...and "the horse poo poos"!!! I would have loved the five acres, horses or no horses!

Deb

Patty

Ideal_Rock
LOL at your hubby worrying about the horse poo poo smell!

My sister is in CT and your house reminds me of the houses in her area.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2004 6:59:52 PM
Author: Patty

My sister is in CT and your house reminds me of the houses in her area.

Actually, the reason our realtor steered us to this kind of house is that, apparently, people originally from my area prefer it. Many of the homes around me are far, far larger with enormously high ceilings. (We only have a high ceiling in one room!) The other homes are primarily brick and they tend to be in subdivions where there is no privacy. Each family has its own castle on a small parcel of ground with no trees or tiny, new trees, but the homes themselves are far grander and newer than this old house!!!

Deborah

PS-Where in Connecticut is your sister?

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
AGBF--what a beautiful house and a very beautiful setting! I love that the pool has so much privacy...who wants neighbors staring at your pale, half-naked butt while you are trying to catch some rays???

I am in MD also (yeah Sevens One!) and I''m surprised to hear that you were able to afford something larger in Northern Virginia because that area can be very expensive! (although I know CT is very expensive too...my best friend from college lives there--in New Fairfield.) My boyfriend and I would like to move there (no. virginia) after I graduate from grad school, but we''re thinking about going a little further south to get more bang for our buck!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2004 8:56:11 PM
Author: psuheather
AGBF--what a beautiful house and a very beautiful setting! I love that the pool has so much privacy...who wants neighbors staring at your pale, half-naked butt while you are trying to catch some rays???

Well...I suppose privacy from the neighbors *is* desirable...but I am more likely to avoid the pool because of the kids my daughter will be bringing home! I am sure there will be more people I want to avoid IN the pool than there could have been watching it from another yard! And who wants to be the only mom there? The only person over 40 and with cellulite?

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 9
6.gif
0:55 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 11/16/2004 8:56:11 PM
Author: psuheather

Well...I suppose privacy from the neighbors *is* desirable...but I am more likely to avoid the pool because of the kids my daughter will be bringing home! I am sure there will be more people I want to avoid IN the pool than there could have been watching it from another yard! And who wants to be the only mom there? The only person over 40 and with cellulite?
LOL!!! Don''t worry...I don''t know how old your daughter is, but I can assure you that i had cellulite in high school!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results