shape
carat
color
clarity

Our nanny's last day is coming up.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys...I'm so sad! Our nanny's last day is next Friday. She's off to grad school 5 hours away. She's only been with us since April when my husband went back to work and we knew all along it was temporary because DS1 is going into 1st grade and DS2 preschool. My kids had a really fantastic summer with her and I'm just sad it's coming to an end. They go to the swim club almost every day, make forts, eat too many popsicles, draw masterpieces on our front porch with chalk and go to the library and movies. I come home from work and they're just happy (and tired!). We're going to miss her so much. We bought her a gold bar necklace with the coordinates of their favorite hangout - the pool. Hopefully she likes it.

In a few weeks back to reality...it'll be challenging for me and DH but a real shocker to the kiddos who will now be in school full time. All good things must come to an end. ;( We feel so fortunate that our kids had a great summer break while we were unable to be home with them during the day.

Anyone else ever have a nanny? It's so hard to say goodbye!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandmother was a nanny. Every kid was her kid and treated as part of the family (along with their parents and siblings). They each got a rose planted in the garden where she had one for each of her kids be they blood relation or not.

She loved her kids and was sad to see them go off to school but so proud of them as they grew.

Grandma has been gone since 2004 but we are still in touch with her kids.

A good nanny is special and not easily forgotten. I am sure your nanny will love the necklace and remember your kids with smiles.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh puppmom!

What a beautiful relationship your family had with your nanny! :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was a nanny briefly, the summer before college, loved the kids (2, boy and girl) but the creepy dad was beyond me. The kids had the nicest sweetest mom ever.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Azstonie, yuck! My husband is definitely not the creepy dad. LOL I think she'll miss the kids as much as we miss her.

Thanks, everyone. I didn't really anticipate our kids developing such a strong bond in such a short time. My 3 year old literally cries on Saturday and Sunday mornings because she's not coming. He wakes every day and says, "Is today a Livia day?" all is okay if the answer is yes. If the answer is no, he cries. This is quickly followed by, "If I poop on the potty, will you give me a prize?" :lol:

Q

Queenie60

What a wonderful, heartwarming story! Glad you had a great Nanny experience. I was always a stay at home mom so never experienced something so nice!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppmom|1470342405|4062586 said:
Azstonie, yuck! My husband is definitely not the creepy dad. LOL I think she'll miss the kids as much as we miss her.

Thanks, everyone. I didn't really anticipate our kids developing such a strong bond in such a short time. My 3 year old literally cries on Saturday and Sunday mornings because she's not coming. He wakes every day and says, "Is today a Livia day?" all is okay if the answer is yes. If the answer is no, he cries. This is quickly followed by, "If I poop on the potty, will you give me a prize?" :lol:

I am sure he is NOT !!!!! (When my mom told me later that Sweet Nice Mom and Creepy Dad were getting a divorce I was like I KNEW IT!)

Your son sounds like fun, maybe Livia and your children could Skype or something in the beginning so it's not so jarring????

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
So glad that your kids had such a wonderful experience. Any chance she'll be back in town for summer break next year?

Love the necklace!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie, so glad you were able to stay home with your kids. I know how challenging that can be also! DH did it for two years and, let me tell you, it took a toll on him!

Azstonie, that's a great idea! They love snapchat - I have an older daughter (21) and they like to send and receive the goofy filter faces so maybe we can do that too.

Wildcat, her plan is to complete an accelerated 18 month Master's program but I would have her back in a heartbeat. I don't think there's anything wrong with summer camp or childcare in general (we've used both!) but the freedom my kids had this summer to sleep in and get dirty and help plan their activities for the day (sometimes completely on the fly) has been so good for them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results